Sign in to follow this  
dashriprock

Cloned drive in GPT(GUID) not MBR ?

I've just cloned 2hdd's in Raid0 to a single new SSD. After connecting the SSD I assume when I initialised it prior to cloning, I selected GPT (guid) not MBR. The clone SSD works fine, tried a few programs, data pics vids are all there. BTW this is not an OS drive. My motherboard does not support UEFI so am I looking at potential problems down the track? I haven't deleted Raid0 yet so I can clone again. Do I just format the SSD clone and start again with the option of selecting MBR? Any opinions or advice would be appreciated.

Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

My OS drive is MBR and will be cloned to another new SSD.

Thanks.

I think it should be OK - the partitioning scheme is "below" that of formatting, so reformatting would make no difference.

There might be slightly less data available to you as some space might have been set aside for a UEFI partition.

Disk Management console might shed some more light on the situation, or there might be software tools present for your RAID setup.

Thanks for your reply Rybags. I guess I'm more concerned about having 2 different formats once I clone my OS to new SSD. OS will be MBR and the data drive SSD which I've cloned is GPT. Are there possible conflicts in the future is what concerns me. I'm not tech savvy and as far as partitions are concerned, it's just the very basic setup I'll be using. All my data is backed up on a daily basis so even if I stuff up I won't lose anything important although I would like to clone the OS drive without having to reinstall windows. I'll see how I go.