Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
SonOfNoddy

Can't connect to hamachi portforwarded terraria server

Hello! Me and my friend have been playing Terraria together for the past couple of months and it has worked, but only now it has stopped working, we have tried re-installing, enabling incoming and outgoing servers connections through Hamachi, the world was on my computer and we have always connected to my world, but when that didn't work, we tried his world and it still didn't work. Any ideas?

Have you checked your Firewall? It could have updated the program and reset the permissions for ports and such.

Could also be a rogue malware in the server too. Try doing a Virus Scan and also grab MalwareBytes and run it.

It is enabled in the firewall (I got the AVG firewall working) and I have virus scanned and scanned with malwarebytes multiple times and nothing has shown up...

The site is blocked at work (proxy site block) but IIRC, Hamachi shut down their free service offerings a while ago, and may have finally turned off their older free servers.

So therefore, since it's a 'hosted VPN' your PC's cant find each other anymore.

Or are you paying for their service?

IF I remember correctly, and the free service is gone, people have been talking about EVOLVE a lot, as a replacement.

https://www.evolvehq.com/welcome

But I have not personally tried it, check some reviews and stuff before installing.

Hamachi is still free but they changed the account system again. Late last year I had to sign up to keep it working, which basically meant creating a new VPN group that everyone had to essentially rejoin.

Ah cool.

I know at one point it wasn't going to be, and I was unable to confirm from a restricted work internet machine.

Good to hear!

SonOfNoddy, after an attack of adware, a botched antivirus, and now VPN dramas; so as you wish, but to me, the half hour to backup an format would be very tempting.

If you're worried about STEAM re downloading, you can copy paste your entire folder and simple check integrity; only donwloads about 1/8th of what it would need to.

I dunno. Without seeing all your settings and knowing what AVG broke with its firewall, you could just have some bogus settings, but we're all stabbing in the dark because there's so much to check.