Sign in to follow this  
gamble

Motion Blur Demo - Do you use/see it?

Fun tool to see the difference in high/low frames vs the amount of blur.

https://frames-per-second.appspot.com/

I havent messed with blur setting in some time now, might try it in BF4 to see how it goes with different setting again tonight.

Do you guys use blur or turn it off?

I usually set it to a lower setting.

So it doesn't completely distract me but just enough so there's some effect.

Off, or at most absolute minimal setting... it annoys the crap out of me. It's all well and good if it's for something you're simply sitting there and watching, but if you're a participant you generally want a sharp view and to be able to pick out nasties as you're doing 180s in a fraction of a second.

I turn it off, but that looks like a broken test to me.

The balls jutter horribly below 60FPS, but the background is perfect anywhere above 30.

Also, 'off' and '0.5' for blur are identical on most LCD's (as i just found out), because the LCD itself has that much motion blur :P

Off, or at most absolute minimal setting... it annoys the crap out of me. It's all well and good if it's for something you're simply sitting there and watching, but if you're a participant you generally want a sharp view and to be able to pick out nasties as you're doing 180s in a fraction of a second.

a lot of CS players still use 800x600 on modern monitors because the 'jaggies' with AA off are closer to pixel accurate head\body shots.

Edited by Master_Scythe

I tried this out on BF4 right when I got into a server. It was at 30%, changed it to 0%. Ran around and was playing and it seemed great. Changed it back to 30% to compare, boy did it seem smeared when turning quickly. I think 0% is the best after playing around some with it. Just a bit of it was so much better than 30% too. For some reason it seemed like I was doing better too or my ratio was 2:1, Im usually like 1:1 at best (yea I suck!).

After digging around, it appears if you have high fps in a game, the less blur you need. Even then some like it off anyway.

always turned blur off if the game allowed

also turn post process off or down depending on the quality the game does

like in arma it looks shit trying to soften everything

After digging around, it appears if you have high fps in a game, the less blur you need. Even then some like it off anyway.

As I proved, low blur is identical to normal LCD ghosting anyway, even on my 1ms LCD. So, if having it at minimum helps fix some frame rate stutter, you wont notice it. (at least in my limited experience).

• Like 1