Hey! I have recently been play assassins creed black flag but am annoyed at how long it takes to sail anywhere in the world and how hard it is to collect money and resources to upgrade the Jackdaw (at least for me anyways :P)... Do you guys have any ideas on how to make the sailing, getting money/resources, discovering locations, and taking forts to uncover more of the map more "fun" or "better", I am fine with running around nassau and getting the chests and viewpoints, but the assassin contracts so far have all required me to sail to other islands (excluding the first 2 I did) which is not fun. Any ideas?

arrrr, that depends, are ye be crazy like a one-eyed rat in a rum barrel?

If so, then take ye to the high seas, prowl the commerce lanes and bring down death and destruction to all who comes ye way. arrrrhhh

Smash there fat treasure convoys into submission, take their booty and send them down to Davy Jones' Locker's into his deathly embrace. arrrrharharharhar

Or, you know, find a cheat code or something.

Edited by Oracle X

What is this game like?

Sounds like a Pirate game ,do you have ship battles and such.

It's like all the Assassin's Creed games. Cept you can pilot a pirate ship which is arguably the best part of the game.

Basically it's Black Sails - the Video Game

imo, if they ditched all that assassins bullshit, threw in more wenching, let you control more than 1 ship, build your own island... i.e. make it into a straight up pirate simulator, they would have made, like, all the money.

Edited by Oracle X
  • Like 1

arrrr, that depends, are ye be crazy like a one-eyed rat in a rum barrel?

If so, then take ye to the high seas, prowl the commerce lanes and bring down death and destruction to all who comes ye way. arrrrhhh

Smash there fat treasure convoys into submission, take their booty and send them down to Davy Jones' Locker's into his deathly embrace. arrrrharharharhar

Or, you know, find a cheat code or something.

But that is the problem...I don't like the sailing...But I love everything else, the part I dislike the most about the game is the fact that there isn't a passive way to earn money and resources like in 2 and unity (not sure if 3, brotherhood or revelations has it, never played them) where you can just run around and do side quests on the island you are on nassau or another island and while you are earning money from chests, you are also passively earning money.

What is this game like?

Sounds like a Pirate game ,do you have ship battles and such.

It's like all the Assassin's Creed games. Cept you can pilot a pirate ship which is arguably the best part of the game.

Basically it's Black Sails - the Video Game

imo, if they ditched all that assassins bullshit, threw in more wenching, let you control more than 1 ship, build your own island... i.e. make it into a straight up pirate simulator, they would have made, like, all the money.

That is pretty much spot on (except for the pirate ship part...) but I wish they got rid of the pirate ship all together and had fast travel stations like in AC2 (which would represent a shop next to a large ship) where once you visit a location (which the main quest line would take you there) you can re-visit it at a small fee (like in AC2 where you pay ƒ100 to get from pretty much anywhere to you destination e.g. Venezia to Monteriggioni or firenze to tuscana [not sure why you would do the last one since it is pretty easy to run or ride a horse there] etc.) That is what I was black flag was like...(and I think that the fleet side of things is stupid, I never use it and it is just a pain to stop my ship, walk down the stairs, wait for it to load, then spend 20 minutes looking trying to figure out what the hell is going on and then spending 5 minutes actually doing something [sometimes I don't even do anything, I just leave confused {and yes, I realise you can earn money from the fleet but there is no point in it, if you have to spend 10 minutes sailing to just get to the mission start (and I know I can go around the world and unlock fast travel points but in the end it actually takes longer to do than just sailing there)}]) I just think that the ship aspect was a waste of time to code into the game (and I know they would have had to rename it in order for it to make sense) I would much rather play AC2 even though IMO the graphics, controls and weapon selection are worse than black flag, I would still much rather play AC2 because the gameplay is better. 'nuff said.

I know that my opinion is very one sided and I know I will probably get a lot of hate from what I just wrote but I don't care, if Ubisoft receives an idea from someone like me they will just discard it and be like "THINK ABOUT ALL TEH MONEHS!!!", the same thing is happening with Uplay, so many people are complaining about it and yet, Ubisoft still does nothing... Shame on you Ubisoft.

That is all from me.

Playing as a pirate is like the whole point of the game. The end game, for me, isn't taking down the Templar whatevers, it's taking out those legendary ships that had like a billion cannons and more amour than a Death Star.

Captaining my uber ship of death and destruction was the reason why Black Flag is the only AC game I actually finished. It's why I couldn't watch Black Sails because in my mind, those actors weren't the NPC pirate legends I fought with/against in the game.

It's what makes BF the best AC game in the series.

Any ways, there is a way for you to make money while offline. But you have download and play an app. *spits rum in disgust*

Edited by Oracle X

Playing as a pirate is like the whole point of the game. The end game, for me, isn't taking down the Templar whatevers, it's taking out those legendary ships that had like a billion cannons and more amour than a Death Star.

Captaining my uber ship of death and destruction was the reason why Black Flag is the only AC game I actually finished. It's why I couldn't watch Black Sails because in my mind, those actors weren't the NPC pirate legends I fought with/against in the game.

It's what makes BF the best AC game in the series.

Any ways, there is a way for you to make money while offline. But you have download and play an app. *spits rum in disgust*

Does the app work with Xbox?

---EDIT---

I got it and it works fine with my save game, and in my opinion AC2 is my favourite game I have played so far (I have played 1, 2, 3 and 4 [i don't own 3, I just played it at my friends place])

Edited by SonOfNoddy