SonOfNoddy

Minecraft banned in Turkey?

Hello! I am sure that most of you who read about Minecraft news or listen to The Shaft podcast will already know what this is about. But for those who haven't heard, here is the most stupid thing I have ever seen http://au.ibtimes.com/minecraft-could-be-banned-turkey-pending-investigation-its-violent-nature-1421031

---Read this once you read the post on the link---

Seriously? Banning Minecraft for violence? Come on...Really Turkey...I thought you where smart...Well you f****d up there Turkey! I mean, for all the games you could pull up for violence, it was Minecraft...What about COD:AW or COD:BO2?! They have nothing but violence in them! The only gameplay is running around shooting people you don't even know! Some of which are girls!! AND you get rewarded with XP to get more weapons!!!! This is an outrage...Minecraft is a game that makes people think outside the box, I mean, think about that one guy who built a 16-bit CPU complete with ROM and RAM, IN ALPHA, BEFORE THERE WERE EVEN COMMAND BLOCKS (found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uWIS5m_Qzk ) or people like SethBling who build amazing constructions with command blocks and redstone............

That is it for my rant, all I have to say now is why Turkey, why?

• Like 1

The governmental action was set off after the minister was informed about the game's alleged violent nature by a videogame journalist. The scribe told Islam the game rewards players for murdering other players, which includes women. The journalist then asked her what the ministry intended to do about children supposedly exposed to violence by the game.

WTF

Ok we can make death machines for all the critters, but it doesn't mean you have to. Hell you can be vegetarian in the game if you want to.

Edited by Pigs can fly

WTF

Ok we can make death machines for all the critters, but it doesn't mean you have to. Hell you can be vegetarian in the game if you want to.

Yeah I know...it is stupid

Have you seen the Creepers?

They are obviously an insult towards Islam with the way they walk up to you and then blow up.

• Like 1

They are obviously an insult towards Islam with the way they walk up to you and then blow up.

they probably just look at it as educational software for there kids

a free and open world where you can be creative infinitely. great for a positive person bad for a negative person.

But this isn't about terrorism, it is about violence against women...

But this isn't about terrorism, it is about violence against women...

That's almost as bad as the "Should killing female gamers in online games be considered rape?" but at least that was photoshopped satire.

I mean seriously why are they focusing on small things like this where they should be banning Chess given that it encourages violence against women... or trans-gendered people (who knows what the queen is).

Wait do they?

I thought they placed dynamite.

If they suicide bomb, that's a little close to home ATM.

Wait do they?

I thought they placed dynamite.

If they suicide bomb, that's a little close to home ATM.

The walk up go "hiss" and... boom.

Guess its sort of like walking up, screaming "Allahu Akbar" and.... Boom.

explosions have been in games a long time.

But suicide bombers?

I dunno.

I dont want to see little johnny and his friends in the park 'playing minecraft' on the junglegym and having someone pretend to blow themselves up.

It might be harmless, and 'let kids be kids'. I had toy guns and never wanted to kill anyone with them (but wanted to with the FAKE ones, in FAKE play) so I may be overthinking.

But I can understand a bit where the right person might freak out over their kids playing a game with a suicide bomber in it.

I havent played it; I thought he placed 'Acme style' Dynamite and ran off.