Sign in to follow this  
havocgtr

New monitor

ok fist time poster so here goes i have just built myself a new pc high specs think the perfect pc build in the latest PC&TA single GTX 980 card included but im stuck on the monitor im not sure if i really want to go 4K as i dont really play many of the games that are compatible with 4K at the moment im just using a 32" sony tv in 1080p resolution and a 22" monitor as a secondary im not interested in gaming across multple monitors i play on one and have a web page/you-tube or a movie playing on the other looking for recommendations please include a reason why not just "get this model period" please thinkning around 400-600 per monitor cheaper is better of course

TIA

Personally, I'd be looking at a 27"+ 1080p monitor with slight curve.

You're right that 4k isnt supported well enough yet. at least IMO

So stoked got my new replacement U3014 today just over a day to get here up north ,and bugger me i check the REV and its an 06 may 2015 ,hUGE upgrade from my rev 02 . you fluckin beuty hopfully they have soughted out the bugs that the previous models had .

Well that one shit itself after 3 months screen just went black and no picture just the back light so Dell said they would send me another ,No thasnks i would just like my money back please thiss is the 3rd time .So today after lots of emails to India and to Sydney i finally get an email to say my refund is now in my bank .You beuty so has anyone bought a monitor from Amazon .

Nup. Personally I wouldn't trust an expensive monitor going through the post or courier for that matter.

I bought a monitor here once as replacement for a same model 19" which was going bad, probably over 6 years ago.

But that was a purchase of maybe 50 bucks including postage so worth the risk.

• Like 1

Well i got my new monitor today but what is the best cable to use please .

Hmm it seems i only have hdmi choice and display port but how the duck do i change dvi dual link to display port is there such an adapter

its OK don't panic dumb arse me didn't see the cap over the display port now purring at 144hz

Customer Satisfaction Survey is an Intermediate between mykfcexperience company and customer. By the survey, the company asks their customers for their opinions on issues related to how well or how poorly the companies are performing.