Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
PhR33X

Netflix complete Australian Catalogue

Telstra are stating that IINET are responsible for this mess and not upgrading its data paths in Qld ,NSW and Vic. This is also the reason why they have poor performing NBN speeds too.

IInet have poor performing NBN speeds ? I demand they fix this issue and bring my speeds back up to an acceptable level

9t6zpZH.jpg

Edited by jdee71
  • Like 1

hmmm, no noticed 'net slowdowns (Internode; metro Brisbane). But our connection is slow and flaky (dropouts) at the best of times, so I'm not sure I'd notice anyway :-p

We've had the free trial for a couple of weeks now. I'm certainly happy enough with it. We can only do the el-cheapo SD version (see aforementioned crappy connection comment :-p ) but that's not bothering me. What I love is getting home mid-afternoon from an early shift and deciding to watch an episode of Vikings if I want to. I'm one of those poor saps who buys a season of Better Call Saul, rather than torrenting, and I'm really hoping that Netflix (and related services) will really help bridge that Australia Vs The World gap we seem to have (along with our subsequent entitlement mentality).

There's enough content to keep me interested at this stage. Along with preferring not to torrent, we never proxied into the US Netflix which means I've never seen shows like Orange Is The New Black, or House of Cards (don't know if I'm going to watch them; just using them as examples). I missed Vikings when it first ran on SBS so I'm catching up on that now.

The system works for me, thus far. I'm hoping things like this go from strength to strength in this country.

Telstra are stating that IINET are responsible for this mess and not upgrading its data paths in Qld ,NSW and Vic. This is also the reason why they have poor performing NBN speeds too.

IInet have poor performing NBN speeds ? I demand they fix this issue and bring my speeds back up to an acceptable level

9t6zpZH.jpg

At least you got good speeds, trade yours for mine, this is Dodo ADSL2+ in TSV QLD.

5jnczpX.jpg

Netflix is the only one offering subtitles on all programs, a win for me.

If only they would stream-

1- Game of thrones

2- Grimm

3- Marvel agents of sheild

4- Revenge

and other latest movies, I would get the dearest package there is.

Ohhh, and my speed at the moment is at 4.50Mbps.

I guess I will hold off until everything gets better.

:-(

• Like 1

Netflix is the only one offering subtitles on all programs, a win for me.

If only they would stream-

1- Game of thrones

2- Grimm

3- Marvel agents of sheild

4- Revenge

and other latest movies, I would get the dearest package there is.

Ohhh, and my speed at the moment is at 4.50Mbps.

I guess I will hold off until everything gets better.

:-(

From what i am hearing HBO want to move away from Foxtel in Australia. They are starting to stream in USA on their own network like Netflix ,called HBO Online. Murdoch has done so much damage to the HBO line of shows with his overbearing copyright attitude.

I know this maybe too early to ask..But does anybody know how often new content will be added to the aussie Netflix?

I know this maybe too early to ask..But does anybody know how often new content will be added to the aussie Netflix?

Netflix is working on bypassing the regional bs that makes every countries library different. When they are finally sucessfull, the collection will improve drastically. Until then, use Chrome with the Hola extension and sign in from America. The American library is huge.

Netflix is working on bypassing the regional bs that makes every countries library different. When they are finally sucessfull, the collection will improve drastically. Until then, use Chrome with the Hola extension and sign in from America. The American library is huge.

would using chrome with hola still count as free travel? I used a VPN to gain access to the US content but it didn't count as free..

*edit* nvm, Hola is a vpn aswell, didn't know what it was as I don't use Chrome either

Edited by jdee71

Personally I'd just set up a US proxy. Hola is a P2P VPN, who knows what traffic is going through your connection.

Using FinchVPN on my lappy atm. It's simple,no install (portable version), and free. I am however looking at a new router (D-Link DIR-890L)with built in vpn. Question is- If i use the built in VPN will behave the same way as a software VPN? No free Netflix traffic.

Well, it's just a pity that Presto added X-Files in the last days of my holiday break, I didn't get through season 1 yet, but yay!! I am definitely going to start Deadwood after X-Files.

I can't wait for whichever service adds Stargate, Star Trek and maybe some Adult Swim titles, such as Rick and Morty.