Hi there everyone long time no see. Just popped in to see if you all could recommend a good VPN service, pay for of course. I have never really looked into these services before and google is throwing up a bewildering choice. But I want to make sure I get security and bang for buck, and thats what you are all noted for in these fourms.

I have been looking at one called Mullvad.

Check it out and see what you think.

• Like 1

[ wee derail ]

I've no idea. Saw you on line and wanted to say hi.

So Hi Bowiee !

[end derail]

• Like 1

Hi there all :) been having a tough time with the black dog inbetween helping to care for my granddaughter. Just about to go into hospital over night for a biopsy for a lump in my throat. But the good news is they have looked at it through the nasal scope and it looks benign, will know more soon. Keep the recommendations coming please. Oh I have been keeping up through the mag, but its not as good as picking the best brians around, will try to pop in more often to say hi and will check this thread regular, its good to see so many regulars still here, hope your all doing well.

• Like 2

NordVPN has been really good to me, their on website pop up chat support thing is really really good, they're gotten back to me within a minute every time I've used it.

Hi bowiee,

I've been using https://www.privateinternetaccess.com for a while now - have never had a glitch and at $39.95US a year not too costly.

No Log files kept, multiple exit points, OpenVPN, PPTN, IPSEC/L2TP, SOCKS5 proxy.

Up to 5 devices simultaneously.

There is good setup instructions on the site but I've never needed tech support so can't comment on that (Maybe thats a good thing?).

• Like 1

NordVPN has been really good to me, their on website pop up chat support thing is really really good, they're gotten back to me within a minute every time I've used it.

Now I like the look of that one, but will consider all comers and let you all know my decision. :)

Do you notice slow downs with a paid VPN?

I use SoftEther VPN. It's free and has lots of servers built in to choose from, but it is pretty slow compared to my normal connection.

Do you notice slow downs with a paid VPN?

I use SoftEther VPN. It's free and has lots of servers built in to choose from, but it is pretty slow compared to my normal connection.

P2P support ? cannot see it there.

Ok if that's all the suggestions I think my choice is NordVPN Thanks all for your suggestions. :)

I have had my biopsy and go back next week for the results, I am hoping its not another bout of cancer, the upside is the doctor does not think so. Will let you know soon, wish me luck.

Edited by bowiee
  • Like 5

I have had my biopsy and go back next week for the results, I am hoping its not another bout of cancer, the upside is the doctor does not think so. Will let you know soon, wish me luck.

All the best bowiee.

Your doctor would be foolish to get your hopes up like that, so I'ma going with his thought on it :)

Bowiee, How did NORD work out?

I'm in the market for a VPN service myself. Preferably one I can use a proxy over a mobile phone too.

Pings? Delays? etc?

Hi bowiee,

I've been using https://www.privateinternetaccess.com for a while now - have never had a glitch and at $39.95US a year not too costly.

No Log files kept, multiple exit points, OpenVPN, PPTN, IPSEC/L2TP, SOCKS5 proxy.

Up to 5 devices simultaneously.

There is good setup instructions on the site but I've never needed tech support so can't comment on that (Maybe thats a good thing?).

I ended up with these guys too.

So far they seem pretty good.

On the health side - good luck mate. Here's to hoping it's not serious.

Edited by The Tick

Sorry it's been awhile for me to reply been busy and with treatments. I ended up going with nord VPN and it's working a treat 😃 thank you all for your help, that will keep the busybodies out 😊 and it's a great price.

Master the local servers have pigs around 40 not to horrible and my downloads run almost as fast so I am happy 😊

They say I will beat the cancer again, so wish me luck 🍀

Edited by bowiee

i recommend PureVPN because what i experience is it's the fastest vpn service worldwide. Most of the times, I use L2TP VPN Service protocol for security purposes as you all know now a days the data retention issue we are facing in australia.

I've also used NordVPN and I find it fast, user friendly and it's priced resonably

I recently learnt that if you ask in Live Chat on the HIDE.ME webpage, they'll give you a 35% off code.

Making it about 100AUD for a year.

I'm reading all I can, and so far Hide.Me seems to offer the best protocols at a good price...

Went through HIDE.me.

Asked for a discount before registering and they gave me a URL to go through to register my account and get a 25% discount on initial year (US$105). US$140 per year afterwards.
If I think of it, I can cancel the account and get a new account with a discount again.

Having trouble getting the NAS to use connect through it though.

Went through HIDE.me.

Asked for a discount before registering and they gave me a URL to go through to register my account and get a 25% discount on initial year (US$105). US$140 per year afterwards.

If I think of it, I can cancel the account and get a new account with a discount again.

Having trouble getting the NAS to use connect through it though.

Best way is to set it in your router, that way EVERYTHING goes through it.

My home internet is through a VPN, and I have a 4G dongle for 'speed' and 'no VPN' when needed.

DD-WRT is not available for my Netgear D6200 modem/router. The R6200 firmware will disable the modem functionality.
I may look into the Billion tonight.

I'll probably cancel the account and go through a cheaper option. Found some last night that have 'good enough' reviews for a 3rd the price.

DD-WRT is not available for my Netgear D6200 modem/router. The R6200 firmware will disable the modem functionality.

I may look into the Billion tonight.

I'll probably cancel the account and go through a cheaper option. Found some last night that have 'good enough' reviews for a 3rd the price.

Do share :)