Sign in to follow this  
Rebbcamarker

Coolest Clock - Probably the Coolest Clock Ever!

Coolest Clock – Simply a beautiful and unique projection clock that can be personalized to display a variety of clock faces and information.

Why do we all still have the same clocks with the same boring faces like nothing happened since the earliest sun clocks were created centuries ago?

20141013022050-sunclock2.jpg?1413192050

Clocks with just the numbers & hands just like our grandmothers had?
Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:.
Removed link because spam. But the hilarious crap can stay.

PMSL. I'm sure I got an email a couple of hours ago that this exact same "member" was trying to join another forum.

What the fuck, they have raised over $260K for a fucking desktop widget on a wall.

Fuck me with a pogo stick, I really need to create some weird project so i can roll in cash for a while.

"The secret is: Rocket Science, Magic and Love."

"this is the same guy with the belly.

you see, with the coolest clock there is no belly and much love."

"Does it cook? - No, we left some of the best and more humanistic features to ourselves.

Does it love you back? - We`re trying to have a really beautiful device at our home that we can all feel and hope that it also loves us back as we love what we do and try to achieve with it much."

indiegogo.com/projects/coolest-clock-probably-the-coolest-clock-ever

I am very confused. Also the mock-up photos of it show no power leads, with high resolution graphics that are bright in sunlight. I would be very surprised if they could mass produce such a device for $1000, let alone $200.

why is this thing hilarious, and "spam"? O_o

is it because suggesting visual fidelity like below in broad daylight is grossly misleading?

20141127035535-rsz_per-int-02c-mod.jpg?1

if so, fair enough :)

but otherwise, it seems to me that whether or not this device is dead set stupid or pointless rests mainly on its cost.

i mean, if you wanted something like this on a display bigger than just a wall-mounted tablet, you *could* go ahead and gaffer tape a pico-projector to a shitty android phone or go even cheaper with a RasPi + WiFi dongle....etc.

or, you could go ahead and engineer a dedicated and polished hardware/software solution without any overkill and waste.

would i want a small projector clock with realtime wireless connectivity to the web / smart devices + features like motion sensing? cant see why not — if it was sufficiently light, small, and cheap.

i dont see how the whole idea is TOTALLY BATSHIT INSANE!!!!!1111!!!!!!1111111!!!!!!!

• Like 1