Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Nan0_Seconds

New job come Monday.

So after a year and a half being not completely jobless but doing bits and pieces as a casual tech for a few companies,

I finally land a full time job at an small IT business.

Basically a combo of field tech and in house tech, 8am to 5pm Mon - Fri, yes actual decent hours to days ratio.

Going to read and sign my life away to contract on monday morning but dam can't believe how long it has taken to get back on this horse.

Will keep you guys posted on my progress.

Nan0.

Edited by Nan0_Seconds
  • Like 2

Hope you enjoy the job and get a big pay packet. Its well deserved by a good person like you.

First week was totally awesome really my type of environment and the team is awesome.

Get your quite and busy periods, bring on week 2.

Can't do server work yet till boss knows I'm compentent but learning as I go.

Edited by Nan0_Seconds

That's great to hear, Nan0 :-) A good team to work in is just so invaluable. When you have those days that are just awful, a good team that you enjoy working in/with makes all the difference, so it's always really nice to hear when people strike a good group :-)

Also sounds like you've got some good opportunities for growth and development in the future, so that's good too. Always nice to have opportunities and potential under your belt :-)

Sounds really positive so far - good for you :-) I have heard so many depressing or just average stories from people's workplaces over the last 12 months (not just IT, but all over ranging from government, small business, contractors, education, etc) that it's really good to hear something positive :-)

That's great to hear, Nan0 :-) A good team to work in is just so invaluable. When you have those days that are just awful, a good team that you enjoy working in/with makes all the difference, so it's always really nice to hear when people strike a good group :-)

Also sounds like you've got some good opportunities for growth and development in the future, so that's good too. Always nice to have opportunities and potential under your belt :-)

Sounds really positive so far - good for you :-) I have heard so many depressing or just average stories from people's workplaces over the last 12 months (not just IT, but all over ranging from government, small business, contractors, education, etc) that it's really good to hear something positive :-)

--

Being something that is in my element to, Dislike Hospitality, Supermarket jobs, Manual labor in the sun, I've done all of these at least more than once. First time I've gone to a job and been totally satisfied from day one and only my first week to.

Moving to Acer full time instead. Still got two more job interviews in Que Unisys and one for it tech at qld medical, one I am at now isn't working out.