Splash1

Orico 7-Port USB 3.0 Desktop PCIe Card

Hi guys,

Having read some reviews I decided to try the "Orico 7-Port USB 3.0 Desktop PCIe Card" , to speed up transfer rates with my also new "Hotway 4-Bay non-RAID USB3.0/eSATA Enclosure" (HF2-SU3S2)

I realise after purchase that eSATA was another option, as I have an eSATA bracket kit which came with mo-bo, a GA-EX58-UD5, which is till ticking along nicely. Thank you very much...lol

"Whose the Designated driver for this ride."

Having got all the shiny new things out of the box, love that part on a Friday night. However, the driver required from the Orico disk is corrupt, message reads "The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy..."

Then having visited the Orico site, my product no longer exists. So having found and matched a product that appears to use the same driver compared alongside the folders on the Orico disk, I tried the link which is broke.

It now appears, always after you buy the product, that there are reviews on AMOZON having explained the same disappointment.

So next I email 'supports@orico.com.cn', and I'l just have to wait to see what more good luck that brings...lol

In the mean time I'll setup the eSATA bracket so I can start formatting my 2x 2TB backup drives. Luck for me the Hotway 4-Bay come with both eSATA and USB3.0 options.

Anyone out there with advise or experience with this Orico USB 3.0 Desktop PCIe Card?

I don't think you'd need the drivers. I've got a USB3 card and never bothered, though currently I've not got power going to it or even using it. Fairly sure you only need drivers for pre-XP Windows versions.

Interesting.

Ive tried through device manager as well, and all obvious options have failed in their search.

The big yellow apostrophe still stands prominent!

I just have to wait for an answer from .cn I guess. I'll May be try eSATA or give inn to USB2, which kind of deceits the purpose to begin with, with respect to transfer speeds.

But no drivers have auto loaded.

Edited by Splash1

I don't think you'd need the drivers. I've got a USB3 card and never bothered, though currently I've not got power going to it or even using it. Fairly sure you only need drivers for pre-XP Windows versions.

Depends on the card, a lot do need 3rd party drivers.

Splash1 in device manager right click the device with the issue and select properties. Click the details tab and then change the property spin box to hardware ids.

right click the top line and select copy, then paste in to google search.

Eg for one of my USB3 controllers

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C26&SUBSYS_8C261849&REV_05

then http://www.driveridentifier.com may be able to give you more specific hardware details to chase alternative drivers.

Also try running a manual windows update and check optional updates as sometimes drivers can be found there.

Appreciated aliali,

I will try this search tonight and advise if successful.

Yesterday I focussed on establishing a succesful eSATA wotk around connection, however drivers could only identify one of of the 2 HD drives. which I think is attributed to incompatible port multipliers on the mobo, I have read.

Finally tried the easiest connection, but the slowest. USB 2.0, which worked successfully 1st time.

Will advise on USB 3.0 shortly.

Edited by Splash1

I received an email response from ORICO customer care team explaining that their website is being updated, and attached in the email was a d/l link to the correct drivers. So with that sorted, both drivers and hardware are working together harmoniously with synergy, for the time being anyway.

Thank you very much for contacting ORICO customer care team.
We are terribly sorry that our website is updating now.
So there may be something wrong with the driver supportsarrow-10x10.png.
Please kindly click the link below for the driverarrow-10x10.png:

Hope this can be of any help to you.

Any other doubts please feel free to contact us.
Thanks for all your patience.

Best Regards

I don't know about you guys, but I think this is one of the best responses I've had from a customer support (except of course the level of support from you guys at Atomic), but then again maybe I don't get out much. I might also drop some of the better links to the equipment bought, might help others solve any issues you have, especially the setup of the Hotway 4-Bay enclosure. With out the review from Photoleif, who offers more detailed instructions than what actually come with the product, I'm indebted to folks like this who offer that level of detail in their review.

Anyway, probably should have bought a NAS for a bit more $, but I can now successfully and safely archive a decade of data!

http://www.mediasonic.ca/product.php?id=1357290977

"Hotway 4-Bay non-RAID USB3.0/eSATA Enclosure" (HF2-SU3S2)

http://www.oricoonline.us/index.php

The Not listed on website "Orico 7-Port" USB 3.0 Desktop PCIe Card (PVU3-502U)

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1532457

A few issues raised here!

http://www.amazon.com/Mediasonic-ProBox-HF2-SU3S2-Drive-Enclosure/product-reviews/B003X26VV4

Offers detailed review with hints to product setup in more detail than enclosed instructions !

Edited by Splash1