Sign in to follow this  
smakme7757

People signing up for Facebook and Instagram with my email

The strangest thing.

For the past few months I've been getting "Welcome to facebook" message on my very little used outlook.com email. I just drop in every now and again to clean it out. I just brushed it off as SPAM.

Anyway, today. I saw a bunch of Instagram "News letters".

To cut a long story short, I was able to reset the password and log into this instagram account. and delete it.

It seems like Facebook required a validation to be pressed before an account becomes active. But instagram just creates and account without any confirmation.

Just plain strange!

Edited by smakme7757

Weird might be spammers trying to hijack accounts.

its hackers trying to set up rogue accounts for phishing. I often get a password reset for my FB account but ignore them or sometimes a message that i have been having problems with my FB account.

Email addresses should be locked down ,no longer are they safe.

I had that on an arab only dating site (of which I am not).

What was even more strange, was after dismissing the 15 or so egyptian girls who fell in love with my picture (which didnt exist), I closed the account.

Within about 15 minutes, I got a 'thanks for reactivating your account' email...

So I logged BACK in, changed the password, left the email identical to the naked eye, but typed with a bunch of Character map characters, then closed it again.

Gone ever since.

I'm not sure what they were trying to gain by hooking me up with women....

I had that on an arab only dating site (of which I am not).

What was even more strange, was after dismissing the 15 or so egyptian girls who fell in love with my picture (which didnt exist), I closed the account.

Within about 15 minutes, I got a 'thanks for reactivating your account' email...

So I logged BACK in, changed the password, left the email identical to the naked eye, but typed with a bunch of Character map characters, then closed it again.

Gone ever since.

I'm not sure what they were trying to gain by hooking me up with women....

So you didn't hook up with any Egyptian chicks?

New ISIS recruitment methodology?

I guess it just saves them time creating email accounts. That's my only conclusion.

@Master_Schythe - Did the arab site have an english translation? Must have been hard to navigate..