Sign in to follow this  
SquallStrife

HNNNNGH! (AKA the Fallout news thread)

It's basically just exactly the same people in both instances. The same ones who lost their shit over the Witcher downgrade (and other things ala Dark Souls 2) are the same ones who are having a hissy fit this doesn't look amazing. There's really not any more people defending the graphics then last time. To be honest, I'm actually impressed by their honesty to be upfront and skip the bullshots. In this day and age of multiplatform releases it was never going to look amazing when it has to cater to the lowest common denominator. It's a huge open world game running on a console and even FO3/NV had to have giant crappy instances ala the subway/central dc/new vegas to accommodate the last lot of consoles.

On the other hand yes it will be modders to the rescue. It is the real reason we play these games. Their writing is atrocious, moral compass dribble. Their dialogue and voice acting cringe worthy. Their graphics are bland and running on an archaic dinosaur engine that no one ever liked. Their animations are half arsed. Their combat systems were dated ten years ago and are only laughable next to things like Dark Souls or Dragons Dogma today. But it's their ability that allows us to fix things exactly how we like that keeps us coming back. The fact that if we can imagine it, we can create it and then we can share it and that passion with others. The genre has more sense of community then almost every other genre put together.

I think the hype train now became the hype rocket...

God damn, time to empty my bottlecaps again...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

*smashes pre-order button with face*

https://youtu.be/2KApp699WdE?t=4060

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN.

Ok.... Damn...

Looks like ill be preordering this one too.

The pipboy can sit next to my brotherhood of steel statue.