Sign in to follow this  
Dasa

AMD Zen

Starting to see price drops on Intel lineup across the board. Also, rumors of i5 wtih HT and another few K versions to prepare for AMD launch.... Looks like they are scared a bit.

• Like 1

Good. I've been keeping an eye on pricing for about 18 months and it's like you can't get much worthwhile under $300. A bit of a shakeup is badly needed.

• Like 2

Looking at the high end models they have on the tdp like this 95W SR3+ for 1800x,1700x and 1600x but not on the pro tdp's... Thought I read it was the power group but now can't find were I read that now.

shamelessly pinched from xs forum

cinbech scores http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/amd_ryzen_5_1600x_cinebench_r15_score_close_to_intel_core_i7_6800k.html

We start the day with a new Ryzen post. This round a Ryzen 5 1600X performance result in Cinebench R15 surfaced. The result comes from Reddit forum user VulkanDX12.

The man posted a picture of a Cinebench R15 benchmark run showing a CPU score of 1,136. Cinebench lists an AMD Ryzen processor with 6 cores and 12 threads clocked at 3.3GHzand model number ZD3301BBM6IF4_37/33_Y.

Z = QS (Qualification Sample, which is closer to the retail version than an Engineering Sample)
D = Desktop processor (in this case, Summit Ridge)
330 = 3.30GHz base frequency
1 = Model revision number (first revision)
BB = 65W
M = AM4 platform
6 = Number of physical cores
I = ?? (there part indicates the amount of cache, but the decoder doesn't contain an entry for "I")
F4 = B stepping
37 = 3.70GHz boost frequency
33 = 3.30GHz base frequency

If you plot the Ryzen CPU's score in a graph of Cinebench R15 benchmark results over at Anandtech containing scores from 20 Intel processors, its score of 1,136 matches up with (and comes out slightly ahead of) Intel's Core i7-6800K. The second screenshot shows single threaded perf.

8ekBpVa.jpg

RuiEGRv.jpgvUG3oOe.jpg

some single threaded tests for comparison

CBsingle.jpgcinebench-single.png

Edited by Dasa

I don't know why intel bothered with kaby lake on the desktop, its just a rehashed skylake. Knowing ryzen was coming out and cannon lake being the real upgrade.

• Like 1

another chines leak this time of 1700x

it sure trounces my 6700k in multi threaded apps

its worth noting that all these leaks are x models so if there on good cooling they could be auto overclocked fairly high

8b55833d-1146-456f-bec3-35b4077150e4.jpg84485055-b0d0-4058-b795-53f5112bd39c.jpg

some more comparative data

28132402693l.jpg

its official

ipc 52% improvement over excavator

fair few links here

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?292976-Various-AMD-Ryzen-Official-Announcement-Update-Benchmarks

preorders now live in the us for march 2 release date 3rd in au

Ryzen 7 1800X 8 16 3.6 GHz 4.0 GHz Yes 95W $499us $699au

Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4 GHz 3.8 GHz Yes 95W $399us $569au

Ryzen 7 1700 3.0 GHz 3.7 GHz No 65W $329us $469au

image sorce

http://techreport.com/news/31471/amd-eight-core-16-thread-chips-lead-the-ryzen-charge

perf1-wm.jpg

perf2-wm.jpg

apparently it hit 5.2ghz at 1.85v on ln2 -200c and claimed the wr for cinbench on a 8 core 16 thread cpu beating the 5960x at 6ghz

Edited by Dasa
  • Like 1

Pre-ordered 1700x and ASRock X370 Killer... cant wait! Need to check on water block or if there is new mounting from EK.

Edited by gamble
  • Like 1

Got from Newegg in US. Cheapest x370 mb they had. Ordered mydigitalssd m.2 pci x4 120gb for boot, has great specs for price and some ddr4 evga SC 3200 cl16(didn't know they made ram) cheap.

http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/mydigitalssd-120gb-bpx-80mm-2280-m.2-pcie-gen3-x4-nvme-ssd-mdnvme80-bpx-0128/

Really hope these OC good and looks like EK are compatible. Any temps anyone find? The talk about extra cooling will increase performance so interested to see what that means

Edited by gamble
  • Like 1

The talk about extra cooling will increase performance so interested to see what that means

apparently it just means 100mhz extra boost

just been looking at the AMD 4 MOBOS seems we will have to spend over $300 to get one that will run windows 7 ,thats a bit sneaky me thinks

Got from Newegg in US. Cheapest x370 mb they had. Ordered mydigitalssd m.2 pci x4 120gb for boot, has great specs for price and some ddr4 evga SC 3200 cl16(didn't know they made ram) cheap.

http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/mydigitalssd-120gb-bpx-80mm-2280-m.2-pcie-gen3-x4-nvme-ssd-mdnvme80-bpx-0128/

Really hope these OC good and looks like EK are compatible. Any temps anyone find? The talk about extra cooling will increase performance so interested to see what that means

what price did you pay for your x370 mb please

could you please explain the mobo specs for the new AMD4 boards i see at the bottom suports operating system windows 10 and the more exxy mobos say they support windows 7 ,does this mean that windows 7 wont work on the windows 10 boards .