mykl_c

How's Your Health?

My Lancet news sub just lead me to the UK Longevity Explorer. For those of you interested in the research, here's the Lancet article:
http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736%2815%2960175-1/fulltext

For those who just want to jump straight in, be aware that it's intended for 40-70 year-olds. Results may vary.

http://www.ubble.co.uk/risk-calculator/disclaimer.php

I'm 52 (how that happened is beyond me!) and my result was "your risk of dying in the next five years is equivalent to the average risk for men aged 58 in the UK." Which they state as being 4.2%.

I'll take those odds!

:)

Apparently my corrected age is 55, 8 years less than calendar and risk of dying in the next 5 years 3.3%.

Seems reasonable, although given my life to date surprising :)

Cheers

• Like 1

It's like magic voodoo.

1. Your Ubble age is 35 years (33 to 37 years)" WIN!!!! (I'm 50 this year)

2. Your five-year risk of dying is 0.7%

It's pays to stay immature I guess?

• Like 1

Ubble age is 42 (actual 47). 5 year risk of dying 1%

Just WTF how many cars and vans in my household I have NFI. The questions are somewhat vague. I used to smoke fairly heavily but not at all for almost 3 years but the test gives too few options there.

Also nothing relating to eating or your height/weight.

• Like 1

9.9%. It doesn't seem to like my answer to the cancer question, for some reason. ;)

• Like 1

I'm in fairly good health. I have a weight issue, but I have slowly been dealing with that over the last 18 months, down 85 kilos so far.

Normal BP, no medical conditions other than dermatitis that comes and goes on my scalp. Genetically all the men on my old man's side of the family tend towards old age and health, unless broken by addiction. And I have never drank or smoke. So I should be alright once the weight is fully sorted. My biggest issue when I had blood drawn at my unhealthiest was an abysmally low Vitamin D3, which I now supplement and a low Testosterone for my age, but I was fatter, and fat blokes produce more estrogen so T goes down. It's pretty normal now, even though I have more weight to lose.

I'm 40, the site said I'm 35 and have a .3% chance of dying in the next 5 years.

Anyway, interesting site.

• Like 1

Wow. Good to see so many positive (lower than actual age) results.

As for the vagueness of the questions, according to the research they are as precise as they need to be for this exercise. I hope nobody ever gets a 100%!

I'm 39. My ubble age is 26, with 0.4% risk of dieing. Lies. I'm more like 10-20% chance of dieing in the next 5 years. Survey fails to answer some critical questions.

Needs more relevant questions:

. Do you have a mother in-law?

. How often do you "drop friends off at the pool"?

. Does your wife nag you?

. Do you have kids?

. How often do you emit gentleman's relish?

:)

Keep it simple Ry:

Do you ride a bike ? :)

Cheers

I'm 30, but said I was 40 to take the test. Results:

Your Ubble age is 33 years (29 to 36 years) Your five-year risk of dying is 0.5%