Sign in to follow this  
codecreeper

E3 2015

I have been watching the Ytubes on the E3 this year not really much new coming. Except for Fallout 4 ,everything else seems like rehashed versions of old games.

Are we running out of idea's in gaming because it seems lacking something.

I'm not entirely sure how Fallout 4 isn't just a "rehash" of Fallout 3, but what ever...

While I agree it's pretty much sequels, a lot of them are things everyone has been wanting for ages and devoid of exclusivity crap. Fallout, Mass Effect, The Last Guardian (finally...) Shenmue 3 (albeit in some bizarre e3 kickstarter) and of course an actual remake of Final Fantasy 7 after last years disastrous announcement of psx port... all good things. Toss in a few things we already knew about like Street Fighter, Metal Gear Solid and expansions to other games it's hardly a disappointing e3. Those games aren't the typical yearly released shovelware that's spewed out by EA or Ubisoft.

To be fair, even the new interesting IP's are just "rehashed" versions of other games. Horizon: Zero Dawn looks amazing, but it's just a Monster Hunter clone from what we've seen. ./shrug Nintendo will do their thing later tonight and it'll most likely just be new iterations of older franchises and no one will complain.

Now what I wouldn't give for a 60fps, 1080 version of Dragons Dogma...

• Like 1

I think the number four that comes after Fallout is a good indicator of it's rehashivness. That and the fact that it's made with the same engine as 3. I really enjoyed Dishonoured, so seeing the trailer for #2 was pretty cool. Fallout 4 looks like it'll be fun. That's about it for me so far.

• Like 1

I've been burning for Fallout 4 since I completed New Vegas. It honestly wouldn't have bothered me if Fallout 4 was still on NV/Oblivion level Gamebryo, I just want more content. And hoo boy, Boston, the Institute, finally!!! Always wanted an expansion on the Harkness/Dr Zimmer arc from FO3.

Doom 4 looks incredible, but it remains to be seen whether it's a "real" Doom game at heart. I saw mutant-fighting in a foundry, none of the demonic goat-sacrificey stuff found in Doom 1+2. Maybe that stuff will be there further into the game. Who knows.

Deus Ex. Need I say more?

FF7 remake. My head a splode.

• Like 1

Watching the FO4 vids made me want to actually maybe start playing FO3 and NV.

Is E3 Finished? Cannot believe nothing really much come out of it.

Just shows the state of Software companies and new products ,that maybe even they are running out of ideas.

Sorry, are we reading the same thread? Are you reading the thread you created?

Sorry, are we reading the same thread? Are you reading the thread you created?

Actually i was just summarising the thread for the late comers in this thread.

Thanks Squall.

New Deus Ex, new Fallout, new Doom. If nothing else was announced, that'd be a good E3.

Sure you're summarising the thread and not just your OP?

• Like 2

Lots of good things were shown, just the OP doesn't like them so they don't count is the gist I'm getting.

• Like 1

I was intrigued by the PS4 game, Horizon: Zero Dawn. It looks like it could be fun. Also, No Man's Sky looks like it could be incredible. I'll be playing it on PC, though, not the PS4. Dark Souls 3 will be fucking epic, no doubt. That's probably the thing I'm looking forward to the most. Either that, or Fallout 4.

Speaking of Dark Souls, that game has ruined so many others for me. The combat is so damn good that other games, though very good, fall down because the combat can not come close to DS. The Witcher 3 for example. Great game. Brilliant world and story. But the combat. Meh. I played through the first 25 levels of my character without having to use the block button.

Edited by disolusiond