Sign in to follow this  
Thylacine

Oh man, you feel bad, but ya gotta laugh

OK, so I've been selling a few of my HD DVDs on eBay, just to reduce the collection of a possibly-unplayable-in-the-future format (if my 360 add-on dies; I certainly wouldn't go seeking out another); mainly the ones I know will be on Blu-ray soon (I've got about 5 left, and I'm comfy with that hah - over 30 Blu-rays now).

I just a message from one of the buyers, which (before reading) I thought a bit odd, as he'd already received it and posted feedback. His email read...

----------------

Hello,

I thankyou for the prompt selivery of the HD DVD. I went to play it last night in my playstation 3 and it didnt work. Do you know of any reasons this may occur? I was under the impression that all PS3's are not subject to different regions. Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Luke

----------------

Caveat emptor my (I'm betting) young friend... Obviously I didn't go into depth explaining the compatbilities (or incompatibilities) of HD DVD; when you sell something on eBay etc, the onus falls on the buyer to know what they're buying (barring a misleading description etc).

So donning kid gloves, I had to let the poor fella know that, um, well, HD DVDs aren't compatible with the PS3 mate - that plays Blu-rays, not HD DVDs.

When I first read it, I had a bit of a laugh. Then I felt sorry for the poor fella... he didn't pay heaps for it, but still... he's got a bloody coaster now hah... I'm almost tempted to take it back :-P

Dont feel bad, his fault for not doing research.

Why do they call it a blueray player if the disc has no hints that its compatible ?

he should have figures that out.

Yeah I know... it WAS the one disc I was kinda sad to part with, so I think I might offer him a lifeline (send it back and I'll pay him back what he paid)... it might be risky, but his feedback's all good, and as I said, there wasn't much paid... AND, from the last of the sales I made, I now have the exact amount he paid in my Paypal account, less than the minimum amount you can transfer to a bank account, so it's just sitting there...

Another casualty of the HD-BlueRay War, only, this one seems to be part of the collateral damage. :-P

Poor bastard.

*points and laughs heartily*

That's what I did haha... at the screen...

I sent an email, and offered there 'reversal' (ie he sends it back, I pay him back)... couldn't help it...

At this rate you wont make it back from extinction.

Even the mice will reject your genes :P

I wouldn't take it back man.

If he didn't pay much, it's a cheap lesson.

If you do take it back, you just have to sell it again. cbf imo

If I were you, I'd use the money to buy a banner with "LOL" (case sensitive) written on it and post it to him. It's the only way he'll learn.

Poor bastard.

*points and laughs heartily*

That's what I did haha... at the screen...

I sent an email, and offered there 'reversal' (ie he sends it back, I pay him back)... couldn't help it...

good :)

A++