Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
NZT48

marriage

Given that they can live in any kind of peaceful life that they want, that they can register their relationship on a state level for full legal recognition why do they need to attack other beliefs and force their morality through the law?

That's not true. Yet.

For tax law, yes. For property law, yes. But there are some areas of law where de-facto relationships are not recognised. Hetero couples can get legal recognition for those purposes, where as other couples can not.

IMO, there should be more change than just tacking on "same sex marriage". Marriage should be expunged from law completely, replaced with a civil union act that covers everybody. You and your partner can call it whatever you want then.

Edited by SquallStrife
  • Like 1

Sorry, I've been stupid busy at work, I have the links put aside to read at some point, D.

Forcing morality through the law is defining marriage in legislation, tho'. The Govt is filled with a bunch of conservative right leaning Christians; they seem fairly happy to keep the law unchanged when it suits their moral code. I understand, to a point, where you're coming from on a lot of this stuff, but I can't really work with it in good faith - as far as talking about where to move forward - until the default doesn't seem to be Christian white guy deciding what is and isn't moral in this country. While some kind of Christian Morality is the basis for a bunch of our laws on what we can and can't do as consenting adults, then... yeah. We're all having morality imposed.

Sorry, I've been stupid busy at work, I have the links put aside to read at some point, D.

Forcing morality through the law is defining marriage in legislation, tho'. The Govt is filled with a bunch of conservative right leaning Christians; they seem fairly happy to keep the law unchanged when it suits their moral code. I understand, to a point, where you're coming from on a lot of this stuff, but I can't really work with it in good faith - as far as talking about where to move forward - until the default doesn't seem to be Christian white guy deciding what is and isn't moral in this country. While some kind of Christian Morality is the basis for a bunch of our laws on what we can and can't do as consenting adults, then... yeah. We're all having morality imposed.

ALL legislation in an imposition of someone's morality and morality is NOT exclusively Christian, you should know that. Instead of applying labels to everything maybe you could think along the lines of "Is it OK (morally right) to force people to act against their consciences and deeply held beliefs if those beliefs are not actually harming anyone?" , "Is it OK to to use the LAW to force people to stop saying things that I don't like or agree with?" When did we, as a society sink so low? Is this merely the blowback from the last few decades of relativism and post-modernism? Or is it, as I maintain a new form of creeping fascism?

And as an update to the guy in Qld who is being persecuted by an agitator from NSW:

Anti-free speech campaigner and militant homosexual activist, Gary Burns, has appealed the decision handed down by the New South Wales Civil and Administrative Tribunal dismissing his complaints against me. His appeal was lodged with the support of a large legal firm in New South Wales a few days ago.

A hearing has now been set for 1 April 2016 and further complaints have been lodged against me.

As such, I must now head back into another costly legal fight. There can be no doubt that it is part of a carefully orchestrated political campaign to prevent me from standing for parliament with the Australian Liberty Alliance. It is also part of a strategy to allow anti-free speech laws in one state to be used against those living in another.

Gary Burns has made it clear that he is appealing to prevent me from running for the Australian Liberty Alliance. He has also made it clear that he is doing so in support of the Greens. This should come as no surprise: the Greens know that if the Australian Liberty Alliance wins Senate seats at the next election that it will come at their expense. It also comes as a Greens candidate in Tasmania has launched an anti-discrimination complaint in an attempt to silence debate on proposed changes to marriage laws.

I wonder who is footing the bill for the "large legal firm in New South Wales"?

And if you want an insight into the mind of the agitator that your taxes are being used to indulge then here is a link to his website.

http://garryburnsantidiscriminationactivist.com/2015/11/22/qlds-anti-islam-liberty-alliance-senate-candidate-bernard-gay-nor-continues-to-cop-a-dose-of-third-degree-burns/

(lols at how he writes his own press releases. :) )

This has gone way past simple SSM, as I keep repeating.

Edited by Director

Even if this world is going-to-hell-in-a-hand-basket I don't get why religious organisations are still being so exclusive about the type of person

they will let marry in their church.They let paedophiles marry all the time. And it's only cos ssc are not hiding that the church won't let them marry

in their buildings.

What ever happens in this world there will always be religion, imo. << I guess that there just explains why they feel comfy in keeping some folk out.

/ my spellcheck does not like the word " marry "

When did we sink so low? Sedition and treason and blasphemy laws are practically the building blocks of our society, their traditions are so old : p

Even if this world is going-to-hell-in-a-hand-basket I don't get why religious organisations are still being so exclusive about the type of person

they will let marry in their church.They let paedophiles marry all the time. And it's only cos ssc are not hiding that the church won't let them marry

in their buildings.

What ever happens in this world there will always be religion, imo. << I guess that there just explains why they feel comfy in keeping some folk out.

Paedophiles aren't marrying children in a church.

same sex couples are marrying same sex people.....

Also did you just link paedophilia and homosexuality as the same sort of thing?

Also religious organisations not letting same sex couples getting married in their church, it's that religious organisations church and they can exclude who ever they want to from the building.

in their buildings.

Also religious organisations not letting same sex couples getting married in their church, it's that religious organisations church and they can exclude who ever they want to from the building.

No no no PointZeroOne :) The Paedophiles are marrying as the church demands. That's the corruption. they hide behind a decent facade .

SSC are open, and above board and may also be religious to boot ...but they're denied by the church.

If they charge a fee for the marriage ritual, then they're a business. You will find if you go back a bit in the thread, that this has been established

already as a business concern in a religious institution. So with that in mind, as a business charging a fee and paying staff, it is the right

and proper thing to do. It's funny they charge and run the institutions as most businesses are run and yet they don't pay Gov. taxes...

in their buildings.

No no no PointZeroOne :) The Paedophiles are marrying as the church demands. That's the corruption. they hide behind a decent facade .

SSC are open, and above board and may also be religious to boot ...but they're denied by the church.

If they charge a fee for the marriage ritual, then they're a business. You will find if you go back a bit in the thread, that this has been established

already as a business concern in a religious institution. So with that in mind, as a business charging a fee and paying staff, it is the right

and proper thing to do. It's funny they charge and run the institutions as most businesses are run and yet they don't pay Gov. taxes...

Your fantasy is getting out of control.

And funny, when we got married there was no fee. I guess that means BY YOUR OWN LOGIC that organisations should be free to act according to their beliefs and conscience without being persecuted by the state on behalf of a behaviour-based minority. AND if if one organisation won't give in to your wants and demands then why not go to the organisation down the road that are happy to serve you?

People who are "open, and above board" would do that, people who have an agenda to force their morality on others wouldn't. Now what do we see actually happening in the real world and not in Eveln's imagination? :)

I'm sure murderers have married as well in a church, and many other people who have done something illegal/wrong.

I'm really having a hard time understanding what you're going on about here, not all churches have paedophiles in them, and I'd say it's only a small percentage that do.

Churches run as not for profit and so like other not for profit organisations they have tax exemptions.

As for paying to get married in a Church, we didn't have to pay to get married.

I'm sure murderers have married as well in a church, and many other people who have done something illegal/wrong.

I'm really having a hard time understanding what you're going on about here, not all churches have paedophiles in them, and I'd say it's only a small percentage that do.

Churches run as not for profit and so like other not for profit organisations they have tax exemptions.

As for paying to get married in a Church, we didn't have to pay to get married.

She just hates religion is all. Doesn't matter if the details don't match up. :)

No Director. If I hate anything it's hypocrisy .

Also PointZeroOne if you really want to understand my take on this then please have a read of the thread.

Other wise, it may mean waiting a bit, cos today I'm not feeling like repeating myself ... first day of hols ! :)