RenascentMisanthropy

Anyone LANning these days?

I used to love the lannning, I prefer it over internet play for the social factor, showing off ya rigs to other people who appreciate such rigs, suckin on cafinated mints, eating pizza, drinkin cafinated beverages, etc etc

Does anyone still get together and smash out some UT, C&C or something to that effect until the sun comes up?

What games do you play?

Anyone in WA (Perth) get together on a regular basis?

Edited by RenascentMisanthropy
  • Like 1

I used to love the lannning, I prefer it over internet play for the social factor, showing off ya rigs to other people who appreciate such rigs, suckin on cafinated mints, eating pizza, drinkin cafinated beverages, etc etc

Does anyone still get together and smash out some UT, C&C or something to that effect until the sun comes up?

What games do you play?

Anyone in WA (Perth) get together on a regular basis?

In order:

I, also, loved it. Many a weekend was lost to it.

No, haven't been to a LAN event since...er...2000ish. And it was 3 years between that one and the one before. Also, where I live now, I know nobody into computing at all, let alone gaming, and LANs are just out of the question.

Is that relevant? I mean, when you're at a LAN, you play what's being played - which is almost always a FPS or maybe an ARPG, and once in a blue moon a racing/combat flight sim.

Sorry, I'm not in Perth.

Last one i went to would have been 2005 I think.

I was good when i was with a close-knit group of friends that were into it but once we all started working everyone sort of disappeared.

Good times but i don't think those days will be returning again.

Me and my group of friends still have a few LANs a year at each-others' places.

We have a laundry list of staples, e.g. Warcraft 3 mods (moba, TD, etc), HL2DM, TF2, and lately Artemis has gotten a few runs.

Though lately we've gotten in to Path of Exile. We have a character each that only gets used at LANs.

We try to punctuate the PC games with some console action, road trips for food, and even tabletop mini war gaming!

My last LAN was on the 20th June this year and managed around 25 people.

My regular LAN group is not regular anymore for a number of different reasons so they are becoming rarer and rarer.

I just remember everyone lagging out because people leeching on DC++

I had a NAS that i took along that was setup on a separate switch, the agreement was made that anything to be shared was uploaded onto there and then people could pull it down from there and not affect the game network.

Worked quite well and I said to anyone that anything on there would be kept for 5 years and backed up (limits on anything that wasn't games / movies) which actually saved a few asses down the track when people lost photos.

I would LAN, but I have no one to do it with...I occasionally do it at school, but that's not really "LANning"...I do jump into lobby's and calls with friends over the internet, but that's the closest i'd get unless you count school.

I LAN during the dota2 internationals. We mainly just play dota 2 online and all the custom games and get pretty drunk and act like we know what we are talking about when watching the games.

I LAN during the dota2 internationals. We mainly just play dota 2 online and all the custom games and get pretty drunk and act like we know what we are talking about when watching the games.

ew, dota...

:P