Sign in to follow this  
zaskar

iPhone or Samsung help

I guys need some help. I own a dying iPhone 4S, Battery is now being charged a least twice a day and lives on the power cord. I work away remote mining on a very small idolated project that dose not have the hyped up mining expenditure cash flow that people believe mining company s have and data coverage will not be updated for the next 2 billion years.

So my iPhone is basically a media device (Music via Bluetooth/3.5 pin plug&cord) to the newly installed tech in vintage machines.

My Apple iPhone 4S has been a great product but for the price and tech inside both the newer Sumsung Galaxy S6 128G to the Apple iPhone 6 128G I am confused to decide on what to purchase.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I going to buy a phone this Friday then fly back bush.

Cheers Zaskar

We've got both in our house, both have their positives and negatives.

The galaxy has (had?) some massive issues with a memory leak which caused it to run like a retarded dog, along with no more removable battery or sd card (but with 128G would you really care?).

I can't remember what my wife has been complaining about with the iphone but there were some issues she ran into but, she preferred the iphone as it was faster without the issues the GS6 had.

I'm not sure if that memory bug has been fixed, but if it has there wasn't really much of any really large difference between the two.

Hey Zen, after doing some research I'm going to stick with the iPhone, I know the OP and iTunes as had a huge amount of time put into it for my music tastes and I spend all of my time bouncing around in HV plant in the red dust a I don't think the glass backing wont handle it. Just going to have to pay a bit more for the phone.

If you have an iPhone now, are happy with an iPhone and want the least issues switching, get the iPhone.

if you want a better phone, and don't mind switch to a different OS and re-buying all your apps, get the Samsung.

Also, I was able to copy pretty much all my iTunes music to my Android phone (It's much easier than trying to go the other way)