Sign in to follow this  
Director

Is it possible to stream a desktop to TV?

I know there are boxes that can stream audio/video files from a networked PC to a TV but is there a way to stream desktop video and audio to a TV in the same way. Just thinking of a way to get winamp visualisations and sound to the TV.

CHeers

Yeah. simple.

for sound you'll need a 3.5mm stereo jack to RCA cables. think like a game console to a headphone plug.

for the video, if your TV is an LCD or plasma, its likely to already have a D-Sub monitor input.

If its not, check if your card supports TV out, and how, then get a composite cable and plug it in. all done through a single AV channel.

OH, yeah, sorry my bad. I know how to simply hook up a PC but what I really meant was that I wanted to do it remotely. That is, the PC is one room and the TV is in another. So there is this: http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=318 Which can stream files but I'm not sure about it being able to stream, the desktop.

CHeers

Ahh the desktop?

You'll need some sort of wireless av extender to do that, otherwise having a pc connected directly to the teev will be the go.

Something like this

Run your audio and teev out via composite leads to the extender, and then have it hooked in the loungeroom. that way you'll be extending the av signal from your box - essentially the same as having it plugged into the teev directly.

i cant vouch for that product, but at least it'll give you a starting point to find something useful for you.

Edited by Juggalo Scrub