Sign in to follow this  
redrob

old skyrim folder dose not exist help

I use to have all my " />skyrim folders on my f drive but now i dont have that hard drive anymore when i tried to install NMM i get this eror can someone advise me what to do please.

hmm why cant i use image on this comunity

not sure what to do should i transfer all my skyrim files to one hard drive should i delete everything and start from scratch again.some help please.

Honestly, I'd start from scatch. Eventually you end up with a lot of crap left over that doesn't get removed when installing and removing mods over time (particularly those from its early release when people were working things out or using work arounds till the creation kit came out) and it's nice every now and then to just nuke your Skyrim folder and start again. I tend to keep around copies of all my favourite mods for this reason. It's annoying to have to reset everything how you like it, but the game just tends to run so much better after a fresh start.

• Like 1

Thanks Ihsan thats great info yer as i dont have a drive named f drive anymore .

I have my os on a 120 ssd and other programs should i transfer the programs eg spybot and others from the ssd to the western digital.

your thoughts.

So i find all the folders marked skyrim and nuke em ,then reload from steam is that right ,will that get rid of any mod parts,should i also uninstall NMM and loot .

As steams default folder is c drive thats where my os is on the ssd can i change the destination .

Sorry for all the lame questions .

Thanks for your help

Depending on how your mod manager is setup you shouldn't need to reinstall it and leaving it be should save you from having to redownload the mods. Just uninstall Skyrim via steam, then double check manually to see if there's any files left in the steam folder and remove those, fresh install Skyim, load it up, set the settings then fire up your mod manager and install your mods one at a time to ensure nothing conflicts. The locations where you have everything are largely irrelevant. Mine for instance has Windows on it's own ssd (and ergo all the skyrim settings are stored there), steam and Skyrim are on their own ssd and my mod manager is on another,

• Like 1

great thanks skyrim is now beimg loaded onto my other drive .

Thanks again for your help