Sign in to follow this  
Cybes

Battletech!

OOOoooOOOooo! I'm going to need new pants! There's a new incarnation of Battletech coming to our keyboard/mouse machines in the near future, courtesy of Harebrained Schemes - the guys who gave the world Shadowrun Returns, et al, which were also Kickstarted projects: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech

• STAGE 1: A turn-based tactical skirmish game - command a Lance of 4 'Mechs & MechWarriors against AI opponents across a variety of battlefields.
  • STAGE 2 ($1,000,000): We add a full, single-player story campaign to the game.
  • STAGE 3 ($1,850,000): We add side-missions, procedurally-generated missions and the campaign becomes open-ended.
  • STAGE 4 ($2,500,000): Introduces PVP multiplayer combat in the famous arenas of Solaris VII.

At time of writing, they had exceeded their funding goal by a very long way with 31 days still to run, and are over 2/3rds of the way to stretch goal 3: side missions!

• Like 2

I and 2 other mates of mine threw $50 the day it started.

After 3 hours of the kickstarter starting they had just over 800K already.

What I find the most interesting is the 2 crazy people who dropped 10k on it!

I could only wish that I had so much doe that I could just dropped 10K on a computer game.