ZenModz

The POWER CELL Custom Scratch Build

Nice, looks like the ARC Reactor from Iron Man :D

What LED chips are on those PCBs? Any reason you chose those over LED tape?

Thanks, I ended up changing out the PCB's to RGB LED tape. I just made up a inner ring to run the tape. Still need to blacken out the inside to stop light bleed.

• Like 2

Hello again time for a new update,

Below is the curving process I used to get the sides done, I placed the inside a thin sheet of alloy that will hold the curve that's needed and heat it up with a heat gun till it forms the same shape then let it cool. After this I have cut a window out and added mesh to it. Still work in progress.

oAPbZmo.jpg

p3TYYkr.jpg

Mdp94x4.jpg

mi4gAu5.jpg

pAmVDHV.jpg

I have also fitted a HX1000i PSU.

TeYnxtU.jpg

3poUc8g.jpg

Finished the front Start/reset.

IS7pev0.jpg

The MoBo armor cover is now done as well.

jrcMHv7.jpg
W1J1HnU.jpg
EaXprYg.jpg

Hear is the Colour theme I'm going to be doing on the out side of the case.

YtWnQsh.jpg

Thanks again for stopping by. :)

• Like 1

Hello again everyone.

Time again for some more photo's :)

The outside of the case is almost done. just need to make the side panels and add some more details to the top disk as well as the pillars and then paint it all. then wire it all up. And start on the inner loop.

wuiNDsN.jpg

TcDokqj.jpg

I have added a water temp gauge below as well as a mount to see it better. It could just be me and this was by no means what it had intended my son told me it looks a bit like a storm trooper face.I don't think so my self so ill let you decide on that one.
MXJ8ATN.jpg

Here I have added some black light LED's 5mm ones,

I have added some 3mm Black light LED's to the CPU block as well.

fPvQseL.jpg

I have also been working on a cover to the center res, that will let me hide some more black lights.
ajFoGRd.jpg

JxZxpSf.jpg

One big change is going to be the center res, I'm changing the it around to show it more as part of the loop.. And it has nothing to do with the fact that it will work better this way. with out adding a second res to the loop.

y18hhfc.jpg

Any ways this is where I'm up to at the moment. Hope you are all still as eager as I am to see it all completed.

As always thanks for stopping by. :D

Edited by ZenModz

Hello again.

Mid week update, My first ever I think.

I have been working on the GPU, making a way for the heat to be removed to the outside of the case. As well as making a way to to trap the heat from entering the inside of the case. and still have a way to connect a monitor to the GPU with out letting the heat in. So what I have done is make a cover that will do both, and then I will make one more to cover the monitor cable plug to hide it as well.

jQuBn0t.jpg

xDoDw90.jpg

I will also be making a cover to hide the PCI-e cable on the GPU.

So this is what will be going on behind the GPU to get the Hot air out. this will also stop the PCI-e cable from getting in the way as well. that will run from the top down into the bottom of the case and back up to the MoBo.

Then the pillar face cover will go back over the top. so non of it will be seen.

pu3hAgq.jpg
Also in the last photo. you can see just a small notch in the center that's where the hdmi will run into the bottom of the case and out the back near the IO port. did not think to say anything about it. as It was the quickest thing to fit. :P

Thanks for stopping by.

Edited by ZenModz

It does sort of look like the scout stormtroopers.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Scout_trooper

Assuming you're getting UV reactive coolant with all those black lights, hope the LEDs will be strong enough to illuminate it.

Yes kind of I guess :) Kids lol

Yes I got supper good LED's One Black light LED lights up a 1lt EK geen bottle from 15 feet away and the Case will have 18 all working on the Green UV on all different parts. the inside of the case will be white as it is now but the plastic I have used will not react to the UV black light. the only thing that will be lit is the Green UV and the LED's will only be aimed at the Green UV. :P

Edited by ZenModz

Hello again.

Today I painted the Cover for the GPU that I made. Now it looks like it belongs to the GPU cover.

All the gaps have been filled, then primed in a single pack.
XJGQvKu.jpg

I then painted it in a white acrylic single pack then sanded with 600 wet&dry paper.
I then added the red line. And then painted it in a 2 pack clear coat.

WYVlRxe.jpg

VtWNLll.jpg

yRx3CBJ.jpg

This photo is out of focus but not on the fan and light above. Nice and flat and Shiny.
F62wwv0.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.

Hello again,

Over the last day or so I have been putting the outside loop and blocks together,

LJEcjof.jpg

vJyXPYR.jpg

Binpmwl.jpg

I glued then from the inside & out.
And there are no leeks from any of the tubing, Happy days.

1In4itu.jpg

o2Uqxsw.jpg

AuaI2wU.jpg

E5xGuJk.jpg

Leek testing, and this one had one. I filled then all up with water. added a plug to one end, added some air pressure to the other end to make sure they will work.

uWJ1CaG.jpg

I modded the SSD as well I know its been done before but it still looks cool. and I have never tried it before so I just had to give it a go,

The PCB had to be flipped over for the ram to be seen. and I put some 1mm clear behind the window.

RtdINPX.jpg

sNWXoKm.jpg

ZXLbh7z.jpg

gePMRz4.jpg

3Za6DTt.jpg

Thanks again for stopping by.

Edited by ZenModz

Hello again,

Progress has been slow but I have fitted the rads a fans, GPU, Mobo, PSU, and are now there to stay. I have also added the same shapes to the inside of the pillars that can be seen on the outside but the ones on the inside will glow white when lit with black light. and the white of the pillars wont.
Have to get more soft tube as well don't have enough to the bottom of the loop. Going to start the inside loop over the next week. And I'm still painting the case as I go.

In this photo on the right you will see the clear cover that will be going over the 3x3 loops that will be running up and down the outside of the case. And the ASUS logo that has been sprayed on all 3 sides.

b9nKEtc.jpg
2Cp5XQx.jpg

Here is a front shot of the clear cover.
tr5Rwbw.jpg
Yr9zkfM.jpg

Here you can see the tiles that will glow white under black light this is done on the inside of all 3 pillars and the bottom.
I6OUBOv.jpg
NCgrFkj.jpg

GPU is now all done PCI-e extender or riser is now fitted as well.

wpFOiGV.jpg
KpfW3lS.jpg
thDqSUq.jpg

Here I have made a cover to hide the PCI-e extender.
aeFtTpN.jpg
7fDVQlM.jpg
shLUhVd.jpg

I run the HDMI and Display feed out the back of the case, And can still removed, but for now will be staying for testing later.
gHrRCBC.jpg

Not a lot of work space here and the nest inside will need some work.
0EKdrtI.jpg

SSD is now fitted as well.
vU6GRFt.jpg
I will keep the updates coming as the painting starts to change the look. Most of the painting I have left will be done with the airbrush. and paintbrush.

Once again that's all for now, Thanks again for stopping by.

Cheers, Ken.

Edited by ZenModz
  • Like 1

I thought it looked good in it's pristine state. But that battle-scarred airbrushing looks fantastic.

Looking very impressive.

I think I could fit 6 of your scratch build machines into my giant build (the never-ending project). Mine is just being an extension of the desk though and was never meant to have much artistic flair to it.

Edited by Opy

Don't know if I'd call it interesting. Just slow. I keep having to stop and wait for someone to invent parts that I want. The plastic I want is very hard to find (AR1 or AR2 polycorbonate with a grey tint), I think I found a place up in Brissy that may have it. The quick connects I have are nickel coated and there is no other decent option at the moment, so I can't use silver coils as I originally planned unless Koolance or someone can make expensive Stainless ones. AutoCAD is just insane, so I'm struggling to make a plan that a plastic fabricator can use. The propeller plate is good and the timber work is okay. Motivation to work on it when I manage to find spare time is another struggle. And my scotch glass keeps getting empty.

But the frame is built. 72cm front to back, 56cm wide and just under 70cm high including the casters. It's a darn big box for something that only has to play World of Tanks and Everquest 1.

Some better pic's this time. The camera on my phone makes things look to have too much colour. The pic's below are true to the look of the case.

Hope you all like.

Av2nHTJ.jpg

GFy3cqE.jpg

znl7led.jpg

9OG5474.jpg

9TH4VVs.jpg

oJIo8Wd.jpg

eJigUcs.jpg

Thanks again for stopping by. will post finale photos as soon as I can.

Cheers Ken.

CPU temp testing done.

3dmark CPU overclocked to 4.299. from 3.500. I"m not a over-clocker so not sure how much better that score is. In fact this is the fist time Ive relay tried to do a proper over clock.

lwF6SkW.jpg

Link: http://i.imgur.com/lwF6SkW.jpg

oU4exMg.jpg

Link: http://i.imgur.com/oU4exMg.jpg

CPU temps. at Max running Maxload.

Room temp at the time was 29c
Loop temp was 29c
Max CPU temp 36c
MoBo Temp 31c
If any one know of a better CPU test please let me know.

o9duPWR.jpg

Link: http://i.imgur.com/o9duPWR.jpg

Auto set for Fallout 4 below.

Gdgrnfm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Gdgrnfm.jpg

Running Fraps.

xRt0ziD.png

M7u7w5j.png

dkNJLqB.png

Hope you all like the temps. As I sad not sure if there any good, Still all very new to me.

Still working on getting finale photos, waiting on a friend with a good camera to take pic's.

Thanks again for stopping by. :)

• Like 1

Hello again. Here are the final photo's could not get someone to take photo's for me so had a go my self enjoy. :)

If98XIn.jpg

1PVeNki.jpg

iQ9qxAp.jpg

kOq9bTH.jpg

NMgYcGu.jpg

RypGleA.jpg

ZeDCFBz.jpg

zGvp3wW.jpg

VulmMn8.jpg

lI0qqq0.jpg

rUt6EFa.jpg

mhjsgMK.jpg

rJX1tIv.jpg

QTULRQu.jpg

Lp4Bek5.jpg

QXSSR8C.jpg

qf4SJnI.jpg

3MYym2g.jpg

7FBHrWo.jpg

wqXCYK3.jpg

And one in the dark. With pretty colors. that did not work out so well.
L6hH1yR.jpg

Thanks again for following this build and for all your feed back.

Cheers, Ken.

Thanks for sharing the build with us! I have no talent for nor inclination to try modding, but I have followed this with interest :)

Nice! I think you had vsync on in those fraps screenshots, they are all at 60fps and might be higher with it off. Not that 60fps is bad :)

I threw this together in 30 minutes, hope you don't mind. I forgot to keep your watermark and didn't save any of the process, oops :P

gkfSKuJ.jpg

Nice! I think you had vsync on in those fraps screenshots, they are all at 60fps and might be higher with it off. Not that 60fps is bad :)

I threw this together in 30 minutes, hope you don't mind. I forgot to keep your watermark and didn't save any of the process, oops :P

gkfSKuJ.jpg

All good I"m glade you liked it enough to play around with the photo's I might have a go my self. :P