Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
codecreeper

Windows Phones Sandboxed

Was reading the final builds for Windows Phones actually come out on the 14/12/15 followed in January by the next phase of rollouts.

Seems these latest builds are still in testing phase ,which minor bugs now being attended too.

Last night i was playing with my phone and turned on wifi sense ,it seems the closest wifi spot to me is about 300m away.

How do you tell if a wifi spot is public or private?

Tap on manage if you've connected before, it will say if the hotspot is open or private.

An open hotspot will connect with no password anyway, private ones demand a password.

A general wifi scan will tell you if it is secured or open too

• Like 1

Last night i was playing with my phone and turned on wifi sense ,it seems the closest wifi spot to me is about 300m away.

You don't have wifi at home via your router?

Are you able to "save" email attatchments to onedrive?

attachments are sandboxed ,they will not be uploaded anywhere including the email client.

What i do is just send the item as an email that seems to bypass the sandboxing.

You don't have wifi at home via your router?

I have a old billion 7300gra modem router setup by internode ,wifi was turned off for security reasons. Secondly this modem is getting old so re-activating wifi might kill it. See how i go next year was looking at a Asus adsl+2 modem router with wifi ,might grab that.

Edited by codecreeper

I keep my 15gb SkyDrive camera roll bonus, 20gb to me!

Microsoft must have got a lot of complaints

you know something is wrong if they can give buyers bonus's then take them away so easily ,its like corporate fraud in sales.

Not sure how much i got with my Phone need to check ,think it was 15gb. Not sure.

There's always the windows insider program to get it.

I can wait ,not really bothering me much.

Windows insider seems to be picking up a lot of bugs ,maybe this is why its being delayed.

Did a device update as it was critical ,it changed all my settings.

Took me about 40mins to wonder why FB and Twitter was not accepting my login. Turned my location back on and they work again.

Was looking for a app that would allow me to setup a financial tracking spreadsheet for budgeting and shopping. Seems i may need MS Office why not anything else.

Trying to expand my use of this mini beast ,got twitter setup although it will not recognise my phone number as it only recognises Telstra phone numbers. According to Twitter support its based on Telstra systems. Got Facebook up and running with phone number.

Still have not made one phone call on it ,unsure if i can use earphones as the speaker is too low in volume for me.

Still not sure about wifi ,but i turn it on sometimes and i have no idea where it downloading updates from as i have no carrier selected and turned my email and location off so i cannot be tracked.

Was looking for a app that would allow me to setup a financial tracking spreadsheet for budgeting and shopping. Seems i may need MS Office why not anything else.

Because you didn't choose Apple or Google.

Still have not made one phone call on it ,unsure if i can use earphones as the speaker is too low in volume for me.

Assuming it's like basically any other phone, you can use headphones with an 'inline' microphone and it should work. Bluetooth may be a better option?

Still not sure about wifi

Set it up. It's worth it.

Also, they can probably still track you.

I have some Earphones with a Inline Microphone ,use them for listening to the news and classic radio channels.

Waiting for the Win10 release before i get more serious in its use.

With Wifi can i use same wifi for a laptop i get one ,i don't need setup channels and such.

Need to look through my Pile of PCTA mags i think their was one not long about Wifi.

Mainly i am using my Phone to access websites for games and such for now.