codecreeper

Windows Phones Sandboxed

Workmate with 920 isn't getting w10m, I guess those dual cores from 2012 are too old.

Some of the older models are not really compatible they where rushed jobs ,MS are advising those with upgrades not working to rollback to 8.1 update 2.

Pretty sure that's sound advice for any platform with any software - if it doesn't work, go back to the one that did.
  • Like 1

Some of those cheaper phones probably lack storage to install it unless you've put in an SD card.

Anyone know if Javascript can be put on a Windows Phone?

See if i could do this then most webpages would load properly in IE, this might even save the trouble of buying a laptop.

Checked the WIndows Central forums but it does not really say anything. But i do remember when installing Java on my PC it says on Mobile devices and in cars.

See if i could do this then most webpages would load properly in IE, this might even save the trouble of buying a laptop.

Checked the WIndows Central forums but it does not really say anything. But i do remember when installing Java on my PC it says on Mobile devices and in cars.

Javescript is not Java. Javascript should work, but Java applets will not.

• Like 2

Javescript is not Java. Javascript should work, but Java applets will not.

Ok thanks ,which puts me back to buying a laptop. damn.

I've installed W10M in a Lumia 532, used the proper official upgrade method. Worked well.

I'll need to use the MicroSD on the 532 as it is only 8GB internal.

• Like 1

Reading another forum ,lots of MS phone users still are not convinced these new builds are up to release standard. These builds crash so easily and you have to roll back to 8.1 to get any stability from the phone.

Considering what you use your phone for, code, not sure why it'd be an issue to test it for yourself.

Just downloaded the latest updates for mini Opera and CU Browser ,both seem faster. mini Opera now displays pages like realestate.com.au with working drop down boxes now. You just need to turn off speed browsing on this site.

Yes, stuff like speed browsing (web page compressing) will just totally stuff up on some sites.

You know ie on 8.1 is charm,the more I use this phone. Maps has been handy for looking for food joints.Had 2 phone calls nice and clear for a deaf person.Made a phone call first on this phone.I actually felt good knowing I can make calls.

Congratulations, your phone's basic features - maps, browser, calls - work as intended!

• Like 1

Thanks Nich.

Been using camera to make video's too.Found an app for learning c double plus.Kinda fun.

Wow using the browser a lot drains the battery fast. Got 4G tower less than 100 metres away.

Wow using the browser a lot drains the battery fast. Got 4G tower less than 100 metres away.

Its actually the screen.

OR if you have wifi turned on, it uses that first, and that also drains it fast.

This is all phones, even my '3 day battery life' blackberry passport can be drained in an hour if i wifi browse, but lasts all day if i use 4G

• Like 1

Yes wifi plus having the screen going all day kills the battery. You have a huge screen so its even worse.

I don't get how using the wifi radio uses more power than using the phone radio.

I'd wager it's partly the screen but mostly the websites, especially if it's not an especially quick phone. Even mobile sites now load so much bs.

5.7" ips screen on the 640xl is the main culprit, as ips screens use backlighting.

• Like 1