Sign in to follow this  
codecreeper

GW2 Heart of Thorns

After downloading the Heart of Thorns expansion for Guild Wars 2 ,it seems not what it is supposed to be.

After paying $140 AUD for the Exclusive Expansion which included 5000 gems and a glider skin and decoration for Guild hall i feel ripped off now. Thought i was buying a Good expansion after all the hype ,never again will i buy a game or expansion before release.

After 3 Beta's and and playing with new Elite classes i was over the Hill ,that something so great is coming.

Then on Thursday the bombshell dropped to play these classes now you HAVE to grind for Hero points ,which means getting in a group and fighting mobs of champions. The maps are large and these points are in isolated or hard to get to places.You need 400 Hero points to unlock the Elite class ,and each point gives 10 points.

The story sucks so badly with some places you need to earn mastery points to unlock the phases for Gliding ,Jumping and Updrafting.

Apart from that the new Guild Halls are great ,but the rest of the game is a disappointment. Its too damn grindy and makes the game not enjoyable.

Edited by codecreeper

As a casual player who tends to just play on his own trying to get map completion and doing world events when I see them, also finishing the story a while ago, is there any point for me getting this?

As a casual player who tends to just play on his own trying to get map completion and doing world events when I see them, also finishing the story a while ago, is there any point for me getting this?

don't take my word , have a try.

But its not soloable as before ,everything needs a party or a large zerg now.

Hero points builds up your Elite spec with out them you have no spec ,so you need to grind 400 hero points for Elite spec to become usable. With 10 points from each Hero point and needing a group its frustrating.

But as i said give it a try ,it could be just be me having problems. Try reading GW2 forums and Reddit Gw2 also.

Just an update why i feel Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns will be a massive failure.

Since the last 4 days of play the game has done nothing but make me feel like rage quitting the game.

1) the hero points was not told or mentioned until last Wednesday by the Chief Programmer ,hence the term we get to play ELITES on Day one a fraud.

2) each alt has to grind the Hero Points ,another fail.

3) Each Map is large and sparse and in fact so large its hard to get to Hero Points or even locate them. With Gliding the main way to move around the map.

4) Masteries is a good idea but again the amount of grinding for little XP gained means it could take 1 day just to get 1 point even with boosters is a slow tedious process.

5) Finding help is another problem now the weekend is over everyone in USA is back at work ,the HoT area's have been designed to be played in groups ,with empty maps its a let down. So many players are now walking away from GW2.

I could mention more but these are my main concerns all being echoed in GW2 Forums and Reddit GW2 page.