Sign in to follow this  
mohawk

Fallout 4 thread.

My pre-order has arrived but, I have to wait until I finish work then install it and then download any release day patch before spending hours creating my character.

Man I can't wait!

How is everyone else traveling with FO4 so far?

Character creator tool http://www.vault111.com/character/

Edited by mohawk

I'm going to have to build/buy a new gaming rig before I can play that, or an of a number of current gen games. This laptop isn't that old, but it's still a laptop - and not an Alienware-type behemoth at that. I just have NFI where I'm going to put it.

Didn't spend TOO long creating a character. If you know what sort of play style you want, and you have your perk chart handy, then the SPECIAL stats basically solve themselves.

I'm creating a sneaky sniper character. Strength is my dump stat, high PER and AGI, with moderate INT and CHA.

Didn't spend TOO long creating a character. If you know what sort of play style you want, and you have your perk chart handy, then the SPECIAL stats basically solve themselves.

I'm creating a sneaky sniper character. Strength is my dump stat, high PER and AGI, with moderate INT and CHA.

I will have my poster :) and FYI if you didn't already know about this character creator http://www.vault111.com/character/ it is very neat tool.

Also, the hours I will be spending will be more spend on how my character looks with the new character customisation.

Having the entire friends list (playing a game) playing this game, when some of them should be at work.

#Fallout4ever

My copy is about 30 minutes away now. Can't wait.

So far I have decided to go with S4 P4 E5 C4 I6 A4 L1.

I start with 105HP, can carry 260 and have 100AP.

I have also added the character creator tool to the OP.

I think I went with a 4/4/5/3/4/6/2 stealthy melee stabberer. It's not been too bad so far with the changes to sprint and vats, although stealth has been basically impossible. I'm not sure if its down to the dog or needing to make some stealth armor or really just needing to have those 4 odd points in the perks to be able to run while stealthed so everything doesnt just outwalk you.

Had a few weird glitches, people "sitting" on invisible chairs, my Zaxis becoming unusable in 1st person for a while, but nothing major and no crashes so far so it's doing better then expected. My only complaint so far is that I'm constantly overburdened because I don't know what "junk" is useful for building and my level 9 character has found 2 fatmans, 2 miniguns and almost 3 suits worth of power armor parts that need to be taken back to base. I'm going to have to dump a heap of points in strength to get to strong back since lone wanderer doesnt make up the 200 odd pounds of crap the dog can magically carry. But I need those points for so many things. Lock picking, stabbing, hacking, stabbing, sneaking, stabbing, crafting, stabbing. :S

This game runs like a fucking pig. I'm running 2 x Sapphire R9 290 Tri X OC edition cards that are overclocked and I am lucky to see 60FPS when I'm staring at a wall from two inches away. When I walked into Diamond City my FPS dropped to under 10. Never got above 19 when I was there.

Have to play in borderless windowed because there's no ultra wide resolutions. Menus are a disgrace that have been built for controllers and are a nightmare to use with a keyboard and mouse. FOV is shit. Mouse control is shit.

Graphics are shit for a 2015 AAA game. Just a big pile of steaming shit all round, apart from the actual gameplay. I love owning a $3000 rig and not being able to play an incredibly sub par game that is built on a 2011 engine at over 30FPS. That's what I spent my money for.

Oh and don't the fan boys just love to tear you a new one if you bring any of this stuff up. Batman and Assassins Creed come out and run like dog shit and the pitchforks come out. FO4 does the same and it's the fucking messiah. Eat my arse.

Fucking Bethesda and their fucking shoddy PC ports. Once again, it's up to the modders to do their fucking jobs for them. Fuck this game. I'll still play it when I get up though.

What sort of PC would be able to run F4 ?

That depends on what you mean by "run". I own a beast and what this game does is about as far from "running" as any game I've ever played.

Edited by disolusiond

This game runs like a fucking pig. I'm running 2 x Sapphire R9 290 Tri X OC edition cards that are overclocked and I am lucky to see 60FPS when I'm staring at a wall from two inches away. When I walked into Diamond City my FPS dropped to under 10. Never got above 19 when I was there.

Have to play in borderless windowed because there's no ultra wide resolutions. Menus are a disgrace that have been built for controllers and are a nightmare to use with a keyboard and mouse. FOV is shit. Mouse control is shit.

Graphics are shit for a 2015 AAA game. Just a big pile of steaming shit all round, apart from the actual gameplay. I love owning a $3000 rig and not being able to play an incredibly sub par game that is built on a 2011 engine at over 30FPS. That's what I spent my money for.

Oh and don't the fan boys just love to tear you a new one if you bring any of this stuff up. Batman and Assassins Creed come out and run like dog shit and the pitchforks come out. FO4 does the same and it's the fucking messiah. Eat my arse.

Fucking Bethesda and their fucking shoddy PC ports. Once again, it's up to the modders to do their fucking jobs for them. Fuck this game. I'll still play it when I get up though.

What resolution are you playing at?

1920 x 1080. That's the highest that is available to me.

Edit: Actually, I could switch to 16:10 and use 1680 x 1050, but then I am essentially playing on the left hand side of my monitor. It just looks weird, too.

Edit # 2: I just realised that 1920 x 1080 is the larger. I'm running on about 4 hours sleep so the old brain ain't working so good.

Edited by disolusiond

Edit: Actually, I could switch to 16:10 and use 1680 x 1050, but then I am essentially playing on the left hand side of my monitor. It just looks weird, too.

I just did a search and found this: http://www.gamepur.com/guide/21111-fallout-4-pc-error-how-unlock-fps-add-add-219-support-change-fov-mouse.html

Might help.

Yeah, similar here, though I'm on a single GTX 980.

I also have the issue where the "low-res version of terrain that you see from a distance" versions of terrain don't unload when I get close to them, so you get to see Dog Meat "swimming" across grey rectangular swamps, and just generally looks like shit.

Edit: Also, it appears that you no longer get enemy markers on your compass when you don't have visual LoS. Pain in the ass for sneaking!!

Edited by SquallStrife

I just did a search and found this: http://www.gamepur.com/guide/21111-fallout-4-pc-error-how-unlock-fps-add-add-219-support-change-fov-mouse.html

Might help.

Cheers, mate. I just found this and it has taken care of the mouse smoothing and y axis issues, as well as the FOV.

http://files.shanelenzen.com/fix-fallout-4.html

Going to go get a coffee then I'm playing with the .ini files from your link. Got to get this thing running properly. I was almost about to set up my desk in front of my tv so I could play in full screen. Thanks again, Cyb3r, that link has some great stuff in it. Still shits me that I have to use it. Like how fucking hard is it to do this shit before the game is released, Bethesda?

Edited by disolusiond

Ok, sop I did everything in the link you provided, Cyb3r. Only thing is I'm not running nVidia cards so I can't try the fix for 80 to 180 FPS. Any idea what the equivalent settings would be for AMD cards? Here's the page that the nVidia fix is on. http://www.gamepur.com/guide/21120-how-fix-mouselag-issue-fallout-4-and-achieve-80fps-120fps-max-settings-and.html

Yeah, similar here, though I'm on a single GTX 980.

I also have the issue where the "low-res version of terrain that you see from a distance" versions of terrain don't unload when I get close to them, so you get to see Dog Meat "swimming" across grey rectangular swamps, and just generally looks like shit.

Edit: Also, it appears that you no longer get enemy markers on your compass when you don't have visual LoS. Pain in the ass for sneaking!!

I just did everything in the link Cyb3r provided, and apart from the FPS issue (I'm using AMD cards) it all worked out pretty well. Much better to play now.

So what type of game is this? MMO ,or Single player online ( connected to server for Authentication )

From what i am reading issues seem to based non - Nvidia cards , is this true?

Wonder if my old gtx260 would run this?

I just took the time to optimize the setting as suggested by the official Bethesda forum thread on how to make their dog shit port run smoothly. Turned heaps of stuff down. Installed Radeon Pro and adjusted the setting to where they were apparently meant to be, etc, etc, etc. Go back into game. 10 FPS. Exit the game, return all the setting to ultra. Back in game, 10 FPS. Fucking fucking fuck this fucking port and fuck Bethesda. I'm going to buy it for the PS4 so I can get a decent frame rate. How much of a cringe worthy statement is that?! Either that or I'll wait 3 or 4 months till the modders have fixed this cluster fuck of a game. Once again, FUCK!!!!!!

Here is the link to the Bethesda thread if you want to waste your time like I just did. http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1543988-a-data-vault-of-tweaks-and-fixes-for-the-pc-version/

Edit: Sorry, but in my rage I mistyped. I went from 10 FPS to 24/26FPS. So essentially I turned almost everything down by half or more, bar a few exceptions, and lost about 15 FPS. What the actual fuck???!!!

Edited by disolusiond

I think there might be some issue with drivers in general. I know I had to run mine (nvidia) in windowed fullscreen to start with till the drivers came out because fullscreen was awful, updated then had to switch over to fullscreen because window was shit.

./shrug Bethseda game, theres gotta be something wrong. Though I do admit the UI is hot garbage the more you play. Can't wait for the fose and mods so I can sort shit the way I want and move it between boxes without taking ten years to work out what is what.

What sort of PC would be able to run F4 ?

My rig specs are:

i5 3570K@ 3.40Ghz

8Gb of Ram

GTX 970 with lastest drivers.

Running @ 1920 x 1200 res.

FO4 auto detected my settings and set them at ultra. After 10 hours of play I have not had any problems at all in game, smooth as a baby's bum.

I did however have a frustrating time installing it though.

Fired up the disk after hooking up an ODD and loaded 5 Gb then proceded to download the remaining 19Gb so left it on over night.

Get up in the morning and it has failed due to a steam update.

Restart the full 24 Gb download from steam as I couldn't be stuffed hooking up the ODD again. Download fails again about halfway through due to a disk write error.

Restart again but this time turn of AV as I have found for me that this can be the cause of disk write errors and presto, game downloads without a problem.

So what type of game is this? MMO ,or Single player online ( connected to server for Authentication )

From what i am reading issues seem to based non - Nvidia cards , is this true?

Wonder if my old gtx260 would run this?

It is a single player game authenticated through steam.

Minimum recommended specs are:

i5-2300 2.8GHz / Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz or equivalent

8 GB RAM

GTX 550 Ti 2GB / Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

So I don't hold much hope for your GTX 260.

• Like 1

So I don't hold much hope for your GTX 260.

Thanks mate ,might have to give Fallout4 a miss then.

gtx260 is dx10 fallout 4 only supports dx11 so there is no hope at all of it being playable without a gpu upgrade

• Like 1