Sign in to follow this  
mohawk

Fallout 4 thread.

Ok 18 hours in and still no crashs or frame rate drops/stutters even in Diamond city. Still running smoothly for me.

Damn I am loving this game.

21 hours in and haven't even come close to Diamond City, my attention span isn't going much beyond whatever the latest minor quest I've picked up is and I wander aimlessly from there. Stuck on some beach-front area at the moment.

it will be a lot longer till i hit diamond city as im waiting for modders to fix the game bugs\graphics by which time amd drivers should be working fairly well with it to assuming i havent switched to pascal and there will probably be a fair chunk of dlc out to

well thats the plan provided i dont run out of other games to play first

I've played for about 3 hours and I still haven't gotten the power armour......

I'll give you a hint. Go to Concord.

Though to be fair, I'd ended up with 3 suits of power armor from nearby there without the quest one.

A couple of tips for them:

If you manage to sneak up on someone in one you can actually pull out the core which pops the person out of them.

I'm not sure if it was a bug but

while hacking someone to peices inside of one the person never came out and I could only loot the parts and not the frame. May of also had something to do with the grenade that hit us as well and sent the body flying into the quarry.

./shrug Bethseda bugs maybe.

They don't float which makes aquaboy even more awesome.

I am on console, only beef is somtimes slightly off responce to stick inputs, and some huge difficulty spikes.

Water looks a bit PS3 and shadows are a bit simplified but over all it looks pretty crisp and plays good, though I a hint of chugging during a close quater shoot out with multi simultanious baddies.

I didnt know I was going to buy it, never played the other three, I saw it was released latter was in Target saw in on the shelf for $64.00, on psn they wanted $99 bucks, and 149 dorras for the delux then have a massive DL and buy a data block.

Anyway I thought why not I am an ES Oblivion and Skyrim fan, bought it from Target and got the Delux bundle season pass thing, for $49.

VATS is rather interesting, If a bit eratic, a little while ago I saw my turrets mow down a group of feral gouls , delighted to see they worked as intended.

I think It was good to have missed out on the build up and to come into it with out any expectations, World of Warships which I have only just started getting into, is on the back burner for now.

? Preston Garvey want me to attack the "Castle" I am only level 11 should I do it, or level up some more first.

Cheers

PS:: Thanks Ishan for the tip about pulling the Fusion Core from an occupied suit, am itching to do that now :-)

Edited by Waltish

Though to be fair, I'd ended up with 3 suits of power armor from nearby there without the quest one.

I actually have 4 suits now, 2 x T-45's, 1 x T-51 and a Raider suit.

? Preston Garvey want me to attack the "Castle" I am only level 11 should I do it, or level up some more first.

Up to you really. I have not done it yet and I'm now Lv 16. I'm just busy doing other things atm but, I most likely will hit it soon.

Edited by mohawk

Generally the further south (and to a lesser extent the further west) you go, the higher the mobs you encounter will be. If you start coming across a lot of mobs in one place with skulls next to their name you can either turn down the difficulty or come back later.

Or just take lots of drugs.

Damn it just keeps getting better and better.

For those that don't know you can upgrade the equipment of the settlers in your settlements.

Just speak with them and give them what you want. Just press "T" to equip or unequip items.

You also need to give them ammo if you give them a weapon with different ammo needs.

I have spend a bit of time just customising my settlers it's not funny!

• Like 1

For those that don't know you can upgrade the equipment of the settlers in your settlements.

Oh how I wish I could do that in Skyrim... Upgraded dragons and vampire attacks, and I have a hard time keeping anyone alive in Whiterun long enough to finish their quests. I would love to fit those guys out with some dragonscale and enchanted weapons, but noooo - they gotta keep using their studded leather and soft iron shit. Tried getting my pickpocket high enough to plant good stuff on them, and the fuckers switch back!

Thats good to know! once you give them ammo do you have to keep resupplying it?

I hope not too much micromanagment will spoil this game for me.

Oh how I wish I could do that in Skyrim... Upgraded dragons and vampire attacks, and I have a hard time keeping anyone alive in Whiterun long enough to finish their quests. I would love to fit those guys out with some dragonscale and enchanted weapons, but noooo - they gotta keep using their studded leather and soft iron shit. Tried getting my pickpocket high enough to plant good stuff on them, and the fuckers switch back!

You didn't just download the mod that makes them run away rather then try to punch everything to death?

You didn't just download the mod that makes them run away rather then try to punch everything to death?

Of course I have. Doesn't help the guards.

Fuck em. They deserve to die for all the times they bitched about an arrow in the knee.

That I am still to find out. I hope not too!

Also I now have 6 suits of power armour. Found another T-51 and a T-60. Still looking out for the X-01 power armour but since I have not meet any Enclave yet I guess I just have to wait.

Well there is no eqivalant to press " T " on the PS4 controller.

I tried everthing I could think of.

It should work the same way as you equip items for yourself except you highlight the item in their inventory instead if not, then maybe the consoles don't have this feature.

Use Triangle. That's the default on the PS4. If not, you might need to check the controls and see which button its mapped to.

I've played for about 3 hours and I still haven't gotten the power armour......

I'll give you a hint. Go to Concord.

No I wasn't saying that I didn't know where to get it, just that I've spent so much time doing other stuff at that stage I hadn't progressed that far in the main story line.

Going pretty good so far.

On the mission to take the castle I only found two missles and ended up
having to take out the queen bitch using 10mm's and .38's... that was a hell of a fight.

Ran into a few bugs like dogmeat hovering whilst i was sneaking and a location having a sort of second floor that you could walk through.

About 11 hours in now and I'm not going to even look at any mods until the second play through, i killed Skyrim too much with far too many mods which i just couldn't play without once I'd experienced them.

There's a lot of missles there if you look. They tend to be hidden in/under junk. Though, definately still not enough unless you're speced that way. I ended up just throwing molotovs from the high ground, that fights definately not a melee one.

• Like 1

I wish I could aim the Fatman, the only thing I can reliably kill with it is myself. Also, at level 30 Today I made the acquaintance of an single enemy who can kill me in about five seconds when I'm wearing freshly repaired BoS T-60 power armour. First step, not fast travelling to their location because I materialise in full view of them.