Sign in to follow this  
mohawk

Fallout 4 thread.

I'm annoyed that the PC version is gimped.

But I've been away from Fallout since friday and I miss it dearly (flew to melbourne for the UFC, couldn't bring my computer).

Thats good to know! once you give them ammo do you have to keep resupplying it?

I hope not too much micromanagment will spoil this game for me.

Well there is no eqivalant to press " T " on the PS4 controller.

I tried everthing I could think of.

Use Triangle. That's the default on the PS4. If not, you might need to check the controls and see which button its mapped to.

This!...yes the triangle did it, got dog meat wearing an armoured harness and headgear. It hardens him up a lot.

I've played for about 3 hours and I still haven't gotten the power armour......

I'll give you a hint. Go to Concord.

No I wasn't saying that I didn't know where to get it, just that I've spent so much time doing other stuff at that stage I hadn't progressed that far in the main story line.

Fair enough mate. :)

Encountered my first Death Claws yesterday. I think they are even deadlier then they were in the previous games.

Also, since my first meeting with them as part of the main quest line they are now appearing out side some of my settlements.

Time to upgrade the buggers even more.

I'm really looking forward to getting a PC that can run this and playing it on that so I can actually mod the shit out of it and build settlements properly.

The default way building is done is driving me nuts on the ps4.

There's a lot of missles there if you look. They tend to be hidden in/under junk. Though, definately still not enough unless you're speced that way. I ended up just throwing molotovs from the high ground, that fights definately not a melee one.

I only found them when i junked all the rooms.

Seem a lot of people have said that mission is insane, i went in with about 900 rounds of .38 and 200 or so of 10mm.

I didn't come out with much at all.

/shrug Bethseda game, theres gotta be something wrong.

I can't tell you how much this attitude pisses me the fuck off. I think it was ING that gave this shit hole of a PC port 9/10, game breaking bugs and all. They actually had the nerve to say that all the pathetic shit that these lazy assholes left in there game is "nostalgic", so it's ok. I wonder if they were paid to say that, or if they are just blinded fanboy fucks. It's ok that these CUNTS!!! release a broken, half finished PC game because it reminds us of all the other times they released a broken, half finished PC game. GO. AND. FUCK. OFF! Not you. You're entitled to your ridiculous opinion that is based entirely in rampart fanboyizem. The "go and fuck off" is for almost every games "journalist" out there. 9/10. Eat my unwashed asshole.

These CUNTS!!!!! made $750,000,000 on day one and they can't fix their shit. Fuck off. Fuck right the fuck off. And the thing is, if they had released it on console then made a PC game that didn't suck balls, they'd have made way more money, which is apparently all they fucking care about. You know? Like Rockstar did. I bought GTAV three times. PS3, PS4 and PC. One of, if not the best PC port of all time.

This steaming pile of horse shit is the second worst PC port of the year behind Batman, and almost everyone is on their knees slurping down Bethesda's cock and saying thank you for the privilege. TotalBiscuit is the only one I've seen that is calling this piece of shit out for being what it is. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. Fuck Bethesda. I'm done with these CUNTS!!!!!!

Edited by disolusiond

I've only had a single problem that I'd consider 'broken', and that's not being able to see my Pipboy sometimes when camouflaged. There are plenty of non vital issues though, like balancing, animation, graphic glitches. I was very skeptical of the game going in, but I'm getting enjoyment out of it as I progress. I certainly wouldn't rate it 9/10, maybe a 6.5/10 if they get onto fixes soon.

I mean, I witnessed a Legendary Deathclaw get owned by a bunch of Bloatflys. I hate Bloatflys with a passion, but I wouldn't expect them to defeat a Deathclaw let alone a Legendary one.

Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

240px-Snickers_wrapped.png

My rage aside, justify your and everyone else's blind acceptance of these fuck head's shit hole PC ports. Justify how it's ok when Bethesda releases complete shit, but you get out the pitchforks when anyone else does it.

My rage aside, justify your and everyone else's blind acceptance of these fuck head's shit hole PC ports. Justify how it's ok when Bethesda releases complete shit, but you get out the pitchforks when anyone else does it.

I'm playing on PS4......

And you comparing it to the port of GTA V to PC, they took their time bringing it out on PC after releasing it on ps3. The GTA before it wasn't that great of a port.

Edited by PointZeroOne

I've only had a single problem that I'd consider 'broken', and that's not being able to see my Pipboy sometimes when camouflaged. There are plenty of non vital issues though, like balancing, animation, graphic glitches. I was very skeptical of the game going in, but I'm getting enjoyment out of it as I progress. I certainly wouldn't rate it 9/10, maybe a 6.5/10 if they get onto fixes soon.

I mean, I witnessed a Legendary Deathclaw get owned by a bunch of Bloatflys. I hate Bloatflys with a passion, but I wouldn't expect them to defeat a Deathclaw let alone a Legendary one.

Being locked into computer terminals when exiting them. Game play locked to frame rate, which has so many problems associated with it that I can't be bothered listing them all. 10FPS on a $3000 rig. Having to fuck around with the ini files for days to get the game to run like an absolute piece of shit. Monitor resolution options from 10 years ago. Floating character animations. Duel dialogue streams at the same time. A UI straight from hell, the worst I've ever used. EVER! Terrain that disappears, so you, your companion or whichever AI happens to be standing on it drops from view and into the earth. Shall I go on?

How is this not only acceptable, but the second coming? Because that's how everyone is acting. This port is complete and utter shit, and I don't get how everyone is happy to not only ignore it, but spin bullshit about how it's the best game this year when if it was made by anyone else you'd all be shitting all over it, as well you should be.

Edit: And the game looks like shit, too.

Edited by disolusiond

Being locked into computer terminals when exiting them. Game play locked to frame rate, which has so many problems associated with it that I can't be bothered listing them all. 10FPS on a $3000 rig. Having to fuck around with the ini files for days to get the game to run like an absolute piece of shit. Monitor resolution options from 10 years ago. Floating character animations. Duel dialogue streams at the same time. A UI straight from hell, the worst I've ever used. EVER! Terrain that disappears, so you, your companion or whichever AI happens to be standing on it drops from view and into the earth. Shall I go on?

How is this not only acceptable, but the second coming? Because that's how everyone is acting. This port is complete and utter shit, and I don't get how everyone is happy to not only ignore it, but spin bullshit about how it's the best game this year when if it was made by anyone else you'd all be shitting all over it, as well you should be.

Maybe because not everyone is having the same problems you are?

Maybe because everyone is expecting a HD texture pack to be released like what was done with Skyrim?

Maybe because so many games get released buggy these days and are fixed within the first month?

I'm playing on PS4......

And you comparing it to the port of GTA V to PC, they took their time bringing it out on PC after releasing it on ps3. The GTA before it wasn't that great of a port.

That's my point. They took their time to release GTAV, and it was the best port ever. Who was talking about the GTA IV? I certainly wasn't. If you're playing on PS4, good for you. You don't have to put up with this shit whore of a port. I'm speaking of all the "die hard" PC players out there who's standards disappear every time Bethesda makes a game.

Maybe because not everyone is having the same problems you are?

Maybe because everyone is expecting a HD texture pack to be released like what was done with Skyrim?

Maybe because so many games get released buggy these days and are fixed within the first month?

1. Many are. Almost all are, but hey, it's a Bethesda game. Just fix it yourself.

2. No, I just expect it to look half way decent. Witcher 3 anyone?

3. Yeah, by the modders in the case of Bethesda, because aparently $750,000,000 on day one isn't enough to make a game properly anymore. And BTW, this hunk of shit is on a whole other level.

But whatever, it's a Bethesda game, so it's ok. It's "nostalgic".

Edited by disolusiond

1. Many are. Almost all are, but hey, it's a Bethesda game. Just fix it yourself.

2. No, I just expect it to look half way decent. Witcher 3 anyone?

3. Yeah, by the modders in the case of Bethesda, because aparently $750,000,000 on day one isn't enough to make a game properly anymore. And BTW, this hunk of shit is on a whole other level.

But whatever, it's a Bethesda game, so it's ok. It's "nostalgic".

A quick google tells me there was heaps of bugs/glitches with Fallout 3.

It just seems ot be Bethesda can't make a game without bugs/glitches.

I don't see how the money they've made selling the game would equate to how they've spent the last years making the game.

It being a Bethesda game and fixing it yourself, this mentality is around because their games like I said about F3, are buggy/glitchy.

I'm not excusing Bethesda being lazy about fixing decade old bugs. Just saying that my experience isn't nearly as bad as others, and many fundamental issues may even be driver related at this stage.

If one of them was a Legendary Black Bloat Fly I could see one of them doing it. but any way , bloat flys spit poision that keeps on poisoning for a bit, and not sure but I think the poision effect from many flys stacks and they likely move faster than The deathclaw can melee hit.

Like a couple destroyers crushing an uber battleship. with torps while staying out of secondary range.

Edited by Waltish
  • Like 1

I'll preface this with a few things. I detest Fallout 3. I abhore Oblivion. I love the other Fallout games (I know, not Bethseda). I love Morrowind and Skyrim.

Excusing Bethseda? Not really. Resigned to them being cheap and still using the exact same engine they have for the last ten years? Yes and with that resigned to the quirks like things floating in the sky or falling through the world here and there. Bad UI's and poor coding decisions limiting FPS and tying things to said FPS? Not a sin that solely Bethseda is guilty of. I've had zero crashes or game crippling bugs so it hardly seems fair for me to be up in arms over something I've had no experience with.

Sure the game has some problems, but credit where credit is due they are improving. The combat is better then it was before. It's still miles from the benchmarks of things like Dragon's Dogma or the Souls series, but it is better. The writting, while still crippled by the weight of the Bethseda moral compass is miles ahead of the shit stain that was FO3. I haven't seen anything akin to the garbage that was Little/Big town, Republic of Dave, Megaton or the butchering that was the Brotherhood (yet). The sheer size and complexity of Boston is amazing and makes the crime that was the capital wasteland being split into 3 sections of outer, inner and that fucking subway even more apparent. It's a joy to wander around and explore. Every step is unique piece of land, all unmarked on the map instead of the giant themepark of rides seperated by lots of nothing. The graphics aren't amazing, but they are acceptable for a PS4/Xbone open world game of this size to be able to run 'smoothly'. PC gamers are definately not entitled to better graphics and textures simply because they come from the Master Race. Resolutions and FPS limits? Sure.

Different kinds of mobs have different resists. It's why gun/energy weapon characters have so many issues with Deathclaws. Melee? Melee gives no fucks. The only deathclaw I've had an issue with is the first one where I was using a gun. The rest all drop with just a single hit of jet and maybe one stimpack. Energy weapons or explosives however tear me to shreds. However there is a balance issue with bleed which is what I assume the blowflys deal. Nothing seems to resist bleed (even robots) and it stacks. If you ever find an automatic weapon with bleed on it, throw it away it's that balance breaking. Hell even Pickman's blade is bad enough and it doesn't attack anywhere near as fast.

All I can say is that I have 82 hours clocked up so far and have not come across one single bug or crash or had any real problem that I would call game breaking.

Did you unlock your fps in the ini file? Because I'm pretty sure a lot of issues (like being locked to the terminal) are tied to doing that. When I reset my ini files back to standard (apart from some fov tweaks) my game became stable again.

It's not perfect, but the only bug I get now is that my game crashes to desktop maybe once a session for me.

@dislusiond, I've played Fallout 4 quite a lot and I've rarely see the issues you've been through so it seems that something is broken when Fallout 4 started. So might as well check the cache, delete the initial ini files and start Fallout 4 again. Also, there was also a driver update from AMD about Fallout 4 and it's definitely helped my R9 290 up a bit. There are some guides floating on the net about how to improve fps in many areas, in particular the Shadow Distance and as well as godrays.

Honestly, yes. It is utterly pants when a game doesn't work as intended. However, you're an intelligent man that should be able to figure things out, instead of ranting on and on and not bothering to try and fix the issue yourself.

I'm starting to agree with quite a few of the naysayers.

The game is ok, just ok.

I'm about 15 hours in and the missions are still fairly fresh at times and there's some interesting concepts that they've put into the game but it just same old really.

I'm praying to god that they invest in a new engine or overhaul the fuck out of the current one.

So far i have experienced very few bugs, and the only annoyance is dogmeat not getting the fuck out of the way, however owning a German shepherd I can say this is entirely accurate in real life too.

The graphics are really subpar compared to what I was hoping they would be able to achieve but that was expected given they need to account for people who don't have stupidly over powered graphics.

I'm just hoping they really polish the hell out of the next Eldar scrolls game.

They won't get a new engine. They're too lazy to do that and they swear every game it's a new engine. I can't wait till we get ahold of the geck and find references to Obliviion or FO3 still floating around in the game. If they went with a new engine they'd have no excuse for not rebuilding the combat system from the ground up.

But hey, with almost 600 hours in Skyrim I'd be happy if they made dungeons that werent linear tunnels that all looped back to the start...

• Like 1

They won't get a new engine. They're too lazy to do that and they swear every game it's a new engine. I can't wait till we get ahold of the geck and find references to Obliviion or FO3 still floating around in the game. If they went with a new engine they'd have no excuse for not rebuilding the combat system from the ground up.

Sex: Imagine for a sec that FO5 uses Unreal Engine 5. And they shoot the fuckhead who decided to pass the entire game through a green filter into the sun. My god, I need a towel.

NOT. GOING. To HAPPEN. I mean, paying someone else a modest royalty per copy, vs paying your own developers for a year or two to come up with something proprietary and less capable is an obvious choice. ;p But we can dream.

• Like 2