Sign in to follow this  
mohawk

Fallout 4 thread.

They won't get a new engine. They're too lazy to do that and they swear every game it's a new engine. I can't wait till we get ahold of the geck and find references to Obliviion or FO3 still floating around in the game. If they went with a new engine they'd have no excuse for not rebuilding the combat system from the ground up.

Sex: Imagine for a sec that FO5 uses Unreal Engine 5. And they shoot the fuckhead who decided to pass the entire game through a green filter into the sun. My god, I need a towel.

NOT. GOING. To HAPPEN. I mean, paying someone else a modest royalty per copy, vs paying your own developers for a year or two to come up with something proprietary and less capable is an obvious choice. ;p But we can dream.

It's the dream, that would be fantastic beyond imagining.

Nice opensource market for models and textures (that wouldn't happen either).

They won't get a new engine. They're too lazy to do that and they swear every game it's a new engine. I can't wait till we get ahold of the geck and find references to Obliviion or FO3 still floating around in the game. If they went with a new engine they'd have no excuse for not rebuilding the combat system from the ground up.

Sex: Imagine for a sec that FO5 uses Unreal Engine 5. And they shoot the fuckhead who decided to pass the entire game through a green filter into the sun. My god, I need a towel.

NOT. GOING. To HAPPEN. I mean, paying someone else a modest royalty per copy, vs paying your own developers for a year or two to come up with something proprietary and less capable is an obvious choice. ;p But we can dream.

Devs aren't cheap though. I think the real reason is that they know they're onto a good thing with the modding community, and they don't want to touch anything in fear of losing that. New engine means new modding tools.

Something about this game is making me feel ill. I get instant motion sickness whenever I try play.

I've changed my fov to 105 which has made it better, but it's still not right. I'm currently playing Battlefront and getting along perfectly fine, only fallout makes me sick.

I think the 60fps cap has something to do with it as I've gotten used to playing at 100+fps for the past few years.

Tried turning motion blur on to help with the stutteriness (comparatively speaking), not entirely sure if it helps as I've been more distracted by how it lags my pipboy.

Something about this game is making me feel ill. I get instant motion sickness whenever I try play.

Maybe it's the horrible animations, the floating character movement that's like you're moving around the world on a magic carpet, the graphics from 2010, the crappy dialogue, the shitty AI, the horrible frame rate jumps, the repeating, pointless quests, the LACK OF ANY DISCERNIBLE HUMOR IN A FALLOUT GAME ( WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!!!!!!), or it could be a combination of all those things and more.

I've put some more time into this pile of dog shit and it's only made me hate it more. As I mentioned above, the thing I've noticed in the last day or so is that the humor in completely gone. It took me a couple of days of playing to realize that I hadn't cracked a smile once from something cool/funny that happened in the game, let alone actually laughed. That's just a shame.

This is the worst Fallout game ever made. I wish I'd purchased it on steam so I could get my money back. I'm going to take the tin back to EB, but I don't like my chances (yes I bought this fuck hole from those fuck holes. I wanted the bobble head).

But he shouldn't have to fix the issues, he's on a PC master race and it should just work!

No. I play on PC, XBone, Wii and Wii U, PS3 and 4, Gameboy and mobile. Shit, I even played Civ V on my MacBook Pro, or I did until I broke the LCD. What I object to is paying $115.00 for a game that isn't anywhere near finished, and I for the life of me can't work out how seemingly everyone else will argue till they are blue in the face why it's ok for Bethesda to repeatably fuck us in the arse. I say again, anyone else released a game that is this broken and unfinished and the game would have been ripped to pieces. But this unfinished, broken, retarded pig fucker of a game is the Messiah...... because Bethesda.

And the thing is I was expecting to be disappointed and I was still let down by the crap they delivered this time around. I never pre order games. NEVER. But I made an exception this time, because I wanted the lunchbox and bobble head to put on the shelf next to the ones I got from Fallout 3. Now I don't even want to look at them. They are just reminders of what a steaming pile of shit this game turned out to be. Biggest let down of the gaming year by a mile. You can't even see the second placegetter from this turd's lofty position.

Being locked into computer terminals when exiting them. Game play locked to frame rate, which has so many problems associated with it that I can't be bothered listing them all. 10FPS on a $3000 rig. Having to fuck around with the ini files for days to get the game to run like an absolute piece of shit. Monitor resolution options from 10 years ago. Floating character animations. Duel dialogue streams at the same time. A UI straight from hell, the worst I've ever used. EVER! Terrain that disappears, so you, your companion or whichever AI happens to be standing on it drops from view and into the earth. Shall I go on?

Did you unlock your fps in the ini file? Because I'm pretty sure a lot of issues (like being locked to the terminal) are tied to doing that. When I reset my ini files back to standard (apart from some fov tweaks) my game became stable again.

It's not perfect, but the only bug I get now is that my game crashes to desktop maybe once a session for me.

Yep I did that, then went back and fixed it by locking the frame rate with the GPU control. I have it running now, but it still runs like a legless cripple anywhere that the shitty textured buildings appear in groups of more than 3 or 4. Not that it matters, I'm done with this game. It's shit imo.

But he shouldn't have to fix the issues, he's on a PC master race and it should just work!

No. I play on PC, XBone, Wii and Wii U, PS3 and 4, Gameboy and mobile. Shit, I even played Civ V on my MacBook Pro, or I did until I broke the LCD. What I object to is paying $115.00 for a game that isn't anywhere near finished, and I for the life of me can't work out how seemingly everyone else will argue till they are blue in the face why it's ok for Bethesda to repeatably fuck us in the arse. I say again, anyone else released a game that is this broken and unfinished and the game would have been ripped to pieces. But this unfinished, broken, retarded pig fucker of a game is the Messiah...... because Bethesda.

And the thing is I was expecting to be disappointed and I was still let down by the crap they delivered this time around. I never pre order games. NEVER. But I made an exception this time, because I wanted the lunchbox and bobble head to put on the shelf next to the ones I got from Fallout 3. Now I don't even want to look at them. They are just reminders of what a steaming pile of shit this game turned out to be. Biggest let down of the gaming year by a mile. You can't even see the second placegetter from this turd's lofty position.

Edited by disolusiond

Huh. Suddenly, I'm not feeling so bad about not having bought it yet.

I'm not that surprised that the humour has gone, btw - FO3 had done a pretty woeful job of it compared to the previous iteration.

Sure the game has some problems, but credit where credit is due they are improving.

I could not disagree more with this statement. With the exception of the gun play which I admit is better ,(but if I wanted a shooter I'd have bought a shooter), I feel like the entire franchise has taken a step backwards. No real moral choices can be made, you can just follow the story. Humor GONE. IN A FALLOUT GAME! GONE! THE??? FUCK?!@?!?!?!? I'm really having trouble with that one. Story meh. That fucking base building that MAKES you scrounge for every piece of crap in the waste land just so you can keep your brainless, AI towns people happy, God how I hate it. I actually think the AI is worse than 3, as if that was possible. The size of the city means shit all when you pull 10 to 15 FPS when you go anywhere near it imo. Companions are useless as anything but pack mules. Dialogue is atrocious. Animations are worse. As far as I am concerned, everything about this game is shit, and I tried really, really hard to like it.

I'm done with paying these fools for their games. I'll be torrenting Bethesda's work from now on. I'm not going to reward their laziness with my money. Fuck em.

Huh. Suddenly, I'm not feeling so bad about not having bought it yet.

I'm not that surprised that the humour has gone, btw - FO3 had done a pretty woeful job of it compared to the previous iteration.

If you really want to play it, and are going to play on PC, wait two or there months till the modders have done Bethesda's job for them. Don't get you expectations too high, though. I'n my opinion this is the worst Fallout game that has ever been made. Buy it next year on one of the Steam sales for $20, then it might be worth the money.

Edited by disolusiond

There's lots of humour in the game. I think you're just a little to angry to appreciate it or explore enough to find it. The the sarcastic options, the conversations with your companions, memos left on computers, how objects are specifically placed in the environment, the Silver Shroud question chain

the kid stuck in a fridge for 200 years.

Sure there's not as much wacky stuff, but even Obsidian put that behind perks because they realised it can be a lot more hit or miss.

On ultra settings I get a flat 60fps not matter what I'm doing or where I go and this computer isn't that amazing, so I'm not sure what's really wrong with your computer. Perhaps it's a problem on amd's part. ./shrug

I've found that I can unlock the framerate and then limit it to 100fps with nvidia inspector. Game runs smooth now and without any glitching that I can find (so far). At least, no terminal bugs which is the only guaranteed way I could get mine to glitch before.

Can still feel motion sickness coming on, but it's better.

I dunno why, but I had to set nvidia inspector to limit frames to 95 which then runs at 100 ingame. When I set it to 100, it would run 105 ingame which would glitch out sometimes.

Fuck that. I've seen those dead 'Dolphins' on the wharves. I don't wanna go near the water.

I'm done with paying these fools for their games. I'll be torrenting Bethesda's work from now on. I'm not going to reward their laziness with my money. Fuck em.

Or don't play them?

WTF is with this "I don't like some aspect of your thing, but I'm going to take it anyway" attitude these days?

• Like 1

That is most amusing :)

Or don't play them?

WTF is with this "I don't like some aspect of your thing, but I'm going to take it anyway" attitude these days?

Not just these days, since year dot a lot of thievs, use a peverse form rightious indignation to justify themselvs.

I have racked up 100 hours of game play and I am still not having any problems at all with FO4.

I am loving how large it is and finding the little things here and there that are quite amusing and interesting.

67 hours in, enjoying it a lot. However, I've encountered my first bug, a quest i failed is active in my Pip-Boy, other than that, all good.

Biggest issue is hoarding, it detracts from enjoying the scenery, I need a modded in Mr Gutsy that I take into an area after I've cleared it and it will gather all resources not inside a safe or behind locked doors. Everything on bodies, in cabinets and lying around should be harvested... That way I can just enjoy the game.

I just had one of those perfect random moments where I'm kicking myself I didn't have fraps running. Daily npc routine meets arrow in the knee dialogue.

Wandered into the railroad to hand a quest into Tinker Tom. He's asleep in a bed with another guy. No biggie, happens a lot down there with the npcs. I speak to Tom to hand the quest and the other guy gets up, my camera locks onto him and he spits out the "Sorry, Tinker Tom's got me busy doing... something" line, before my camera pans back to Tom. I lost it at that point.

The kleptomania does get a little annoying at times, but it does get a bit of a laugh out of me over the irony of some things. I was in certain location that's filled with drugs

aka vault 95

and all I was concered about was all the coffee cups. Gotta throw that fat man away to carry more coffee cups so I can upgrade my power armor collection.

I also ended up ignoring my own advice. I got a wounding ripper. It has to be one of the most broken and yet amazing things in the game. Pop some jet run through a pack of mobs, click on each one of them once. Jet wears off, turn around and watch everything fall over dead behind me. Legandary mobs instantly lose all their regened health when they mutate from how many bleeds the thing stacks up so quickly. I have named it Scream to go with my powerful combat knife named Hush and my crippling 10mm called Beg. >:D

On my way to a quest marker, oh look super mutants *starts shooting them*, in come some feral ghouls...wait that's a lot of feral ghouls. Following up the ghouls were some gunners with a legendary. I ran away and hid while they fought it out after being killed a few times trying to stay and fight.

Also a bit disappointed that most deathclaws I'm running into now I can drop before they get to me.

Edited by PointZeroOne

@PointZeroOne, try Legendary Chameleon Deathclaws... *shudder*

If you haven't already try increasing the difficulty. The power creep does start to get very apparent once you max out your damage perks. Although in contrast the defense perks start to fade off. The +10 to +50 nodes really start to fade off once you start getting clothing with double the amount on it.

Yeah this is what I was thinking that I should up the difficulty, although I'm starting to think I might just continue on with the main story line then trade it in, then wait to play it again once I've gotten a new PC.

I've been playing on Survival from the start. Still kinda of annoyed that that means lengthy and boring skirmishes rather than smarter AI and better equipped enemies. If I shoot a human in the head with a .50 calibre rifle, that person should be dead. No exceptions. Otherwise it's just unsatisfying and boring until you perk all the way up.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel resourse starved, so many bases to equip and some need nearly everything brought in.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel resourse starved, so many bases to equip and some need nearly everything brought in.

Yup I'm only focusing on equipping a couple of places and then just drop in to help defend ones that aren't well defended.