Sign in to follow this  
mohawk

Fallout 4 thread.

I do just enough to set every place up and leave, some beds, a little food and water and enough defense to cover it then the place is on it's own. It's the Minutemen, not the Minuteme. If you time it just right you can hand in a quest to Preston and run out of range before the lazy shit can give you another one.

Start stockpiling your aluminium and ceramics though. They seem medicore early but later when you want to start doing some serious fiddling with power armor you've never enough.

I do just enough to set every place up and leave, some beds, a little food and water and enough defense to cover it then the place is on it's own. It's the Minutemen, not the Minuteme. If you time it just right you can hand in a quest to Preston and run out of range before the lazy shit can give you another one.

Start stockpiling your aluminium and ceramics though. They seem medicore early but later when you want to start doing some serious fiddling with power armor you've never enough.

Bah i just grab everything that isn't nailed down and haul it all back.

Preston makes one more sarcastic remark about my coffee cup fetish and I'm going to nuke him.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel resourse starved, so many bases to equip and some need nearly everything brought in.

Post-apocalypse. You are *supposed* to be short on everything.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel resourse starved, so many bases to equip and some need nearly everything brought in.

Yup I'm only focusing on equipping a couple of places and then just drop in to help defend ones that aren't well defended.

The ones I start I feel responsible for. so I set them up well.

There are some you get sent to that are already started and useually they are poorly stocked, I dont give them a beacon to call more more peeps .

Often I give them a turret or two on already built things , squeeze in a couple of beds in available space, then assigne peeps from a more populous site to fill them.

And like PZO drop in to help them when they get attacked.

As above........

Bah i just grab everything that isn't nailed down and haul it all back.

Preston makes one more sarcastic remark about my coffee cup fetish and I'm going to nuke him.

I took him (Preston) with me on a mission , killed raiders and was looting their bodies , and he starts on about how " some folks dont like to work for things, much easier to just take them" I sacked him when we got back.

I like the dog, he dont Jibber Jabber. hehehe

Post-apocalypse. You are *supposed* to be short on everything.

Yah I know, me just a bit lazey/and or feeling a bit pressed apon by their (settlers) needs is all.

I have to revisit the vault and a few other places to get all the cups and aluminium cans I just left there.

Edited by Waltish

Just found a 5 wind laser rifle long barrel and a gyro dodat on the front, "GeeWillikers Mr Wilson", it certainly do smack raider botty fully wound up.

Try finding a legendary minigun that fires high explosive rounds. That was funny as in seeing mini-explosions all around the place...

Try finding a legendary minigun that fires high explosive rounds. That was funny as in seeing mini-explosions all around the place...

Nah, try the Big Boy with the mirv mod. :P

My pre-order has arrived but, I have to wait until I finish work then install it and then download any release day patch before spending hours creating my character.

Man I can't wait!

How is everyone else traveling with FO4 so far?

Character creator tool http://www.vault111.com/character/tools

Dam i just bought this game on steam and its incredible. :o

I played new vegas and that was awesome... and this is new vegas 2.0 love it. It feels a bit too crowded if you compare it to new vegas, but I do appreciate the crafting system :)

Piper went all derpy for me and insisted on getting around like this

Oh-look-a-penny.jpg

• Like 1

Nah, try the Big Boy with the mirv mod. :P

Oh, now that's fun unless you can find a large amount of mini-nukes...

BoS main story spoilers....

So I got really into the main quest last night, built liberty prime, correct the nukes for it, then got called up to Elder Maxim's office and was told Dance was a synth, which I had already got spoiled previously thanks to reddit, What I was prepared for is you're the one who kills Dance. HOLY SHIT FUCK. I am feeling so conflicted today about this decision in killing him, but it's what he wanted....

There's an infinite supply of nukes, no need to worry about needing them later. Locations respawn given enough time, vendors sell them and you can kill suiciding Super Mutants to get theirs. The two shot mod doesn't use up extra ammo so it's actually really useful on the fat man to begin with.

PonitZeroOne

It doesn't have to play out that way. You can talk a peaceful exile option, you can make Maxson do the dead or you can just walk out of the bunker mid conversation and have Danse top himself.

It's actually one of the better companion quests that actually has some choice in how it plays out (though thats not hard considering the vast majority don't have quests. Valentine's is fun, but ultimately is just background and doesn't lead to any real character development. Cait's starts off in an amazingly dark place but then just does a 180 mid affinty, forgets what you'd previously been told and just ends up being about a

drug addiction

that's fixed with a magical hand wave. Macreedy is just more giant wank from the same writer in F03 who thought

big/little town was amazing writting. Hell, there's even a vault that basically treads over that ground again.

They're so delusional about how bad it was they should just join Bioware and write for them at this point.

Strong doesn't have one, but he's litterally cancer to level. Dislikes lockpicking. Dislikes computers. Dislikes power armor. You litterally either need to console command him to max or have the canablism perk.

PonitZeroOne

It doesn't have to play out that way. You can talk a peaceful exile option, you can make Maxson do the dead or you can just walk out of the bunker mid conversation and have Danse top himself.

Yeah I really did think about walking away from him, but the whole honour thing and that he was my friend damn it!

I couldn't get Maxson to do it. And Danse was so adamant that it had to be done, I did it.Turned on VATS and aimed for his head aaaand blew his head clean off which just added to the shock of the whole thing even more.

I really enjoy the Danse quest/story line.

seeing as how I've finished the BoS story line main quest version, I'm going to stop playing now and trade the game in. Will pick it up again next year when I've got a new PC.

(I've got about 100 hours play time in the game though)

Edited by PointZeroOne