Ok hearing of attacks in paris ,about 18 killed some news sources say about 40. But it seems toll could higher when actual numbers come in.

Anyone know of a reliable news source ,most news sources from EU are filtering this story out due to concerns with safety.

Ok hearing of attacks in paris ,about 18 killed some news sources say about 40. But it seems toll could higher when actual numbers come in.

Anyone know of a reliable news source ,most news sources from EU are filtering this story out due to concerns with safety.

<shrug> I was watching the reports on ABC24. They started repeating themselves after only about 5 minutes, so they know SFA, but are happy to talk up a shitstorm. The stuff from France, in French, otoh had no mention of it at all.

No doubt we'll get a clearer picture in a few hours.

I watching some News Reports on Facebook it seems posts are getting deleted as soon as they post them.

They still finding bodies on the streets that go from each scene of attack ,but i think it will be covered up and turned into separate incidents.

The lefty immigration policy in action.

Nice how facebook has active live censorship or has that always been the case?

SMH reports 60 dead, 100 hostages, multiple explosions across the city. Another pack of lone wolves I guess? :(

• Like 1

Hardly although no one seems to be claiming responsibility yet or if they are it is on social media which is being stomped on because it can easily be used for active communications between the perpetrators.

Looks very, very confused at the moment:

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/paris-under-attack-shootout-and-explosion-in-paris/story-fnh81p7g-1227608676312

Cheers

Sounds like Merkels censorship laws coming into affect not to blame anyone under the Immigration laws as not to incite any further uprisings.

I bet the Germans will be happy when they hear about this.

Just hope things are brought under control before it spreads ,its like a match has been lit on a fuse.

In the article that you linked it was updated that Islamic State is claiming responsibility for the attacks.

Edited by codecreeper

Yes that's happened n the past half an hour or so.

I don't see any reason for Germany to be happy, I do see Europe and by extension NATO deciding enough is enough and setting Syria seriously alight.

Cheers

• Like 1

From what i am reading on FB now they have stopped censoring posts is that Paris is in Full Lockdown. Everyone has been ordered off the streets and to stay indoors. First time since WW2 this has happened ,and the army is now on the streets searching for bombs and unspent ammunition.

It has been confirmed 118 dead ,100 from inside the theatre where the attacks started.

France is locked down fully fully Airports closed and the border now closed to all traffic. Surrounding countries are now on Alert and ready for any further attacks.

The attackers where from the syrian army parading as illegals ,they also had a stash of AK-47's and grenades near the scene.

A quick scan through this thread has me a) a little surprised that I clicked on it, and b) not surprised that this is why I tend to skip this kind of thread.

• Like 5

A quick scan through this thread has me a) a little surprised that I clicked on it, and b) not surprised that this is why I tend to skip this kind of thread.

Fair enough. But it's no better or worse than discussing the latest plane carrying a couple of hundred passengers going down.

And people have thoughts on the events. And I thought this was the place we could come and discuss everything...

Edited by eveln
  • Like 2

From what i am reading on FB now they have stopped censoring posts is that Paris is in Full Lockdown. Everyone has been ordered off the streets and to stay indoors. First time since WW2 this has happened ,and the army is now on the streets searching for bombs and unspent ammunition.

It has been confirmed 118 dead ,100 from inside the theatre where the attacks started.

France is locked down fully fully Airports closed and the border now closed to all traffic. Surrounding countries are now on Alert and ready for any further attacks.

The attackers where from the syrian army parading as illegals ,they also had a stash of AK-47's and grenades near the scene.

Airports are still open.

Codecreeper, for the love of god, please stop relying on Facebook as a news source.

What ?! ... after all the effort and postal conflict over his need to get a mobile phone so's he could once again access fb !

Now you want him to pay no attention to it ?! Lordy life is shit sometimes :P~~

edit: also, some air and rail services are operating, but it sounds very minimal according to ABC feed.

Edited by eveln

Not sure where Code is getting his news from anymore.

I tried googling up "Syrian army refugee france" 0 hits. Nothing. Nil nada.

But it's a good story.

Maybe over a campfire.

Did Daesh do this? Probably.

But I don't think it relates to Syrian refugee.

In fact, I think the opposite. "You took in the enemy, you will suffer".

Remember, these are people that were running FROM Daesh.

And people that are saying "They were hiding amongst. blah blah blah" show's how little they actually understand what is happening. Perhaps the numpties spouting this nonsense need to look at the French and German regime for filtering the migrants. Not perfect. But certainly not this poor. This is something else.

AD

Indeed AD, it is becoming more and more apparent that just like other terror attacks the past couple of years the perpetrators seem to be home-grown, not of migrant stock, possibly second or even third generation emigrants but to all intent and purpose French.

Acting on behalf of ISIS ? Probably, but not recently from Syria or Iraq.

That is very, very scary.

Cheers

I got my info from Sky news link on FB.

But what i mentioned is only what i am reading its not made up by me ,but someone else.

If news want to speculate its not my fault for reading their news site ,must i always act like a ostrich to please a few on this site.

Edited by codecreeper
  • Like 1

Perhaps you should critically analyse your sources and compare them with more legitimate ones.

• Like 1

:)

Not at all code, but Sky?

Seriously, you'd do better to wait for the comic edition....

I don't really take one iota of notice of any of the media outlets aside from CNN and News.dot com, but the latter gathers stuff as a consolidator, it's just a quick link, you need to be very careful of the sources.

Otherwise I tend to look for direct reports not ones dreamed up in newsrooms where the drugs seem to be hand-me-downs from advertising....

Cheers

Indeed AD, it is becoming more and more apparent that just like other terror attacks the past couple of years the perpetrators seem to be home-grown, not of migrant stock, possibly second or even third generation emigrants but to all intent and purpose French.

Cheers

Yeah, if they're not immigrants I wonder what the common denominator could be?

Cheers

maybe they are French farmers protesting cheese imports?

Cheers

maybe they are French farmers protesting cheese imports?

That was my 'second' guess.

158 people at last count have died so both of you can most cordially go fuck yourselves with flippancy like that....

They are the disaffected and easily led by a bankrupt religion that unfortunately has influence, simple as that, the only real solution is going to be genocide but civilisation tries to avoid that...

Cheers

• Like 2

158 people at last count have died so both of you can most cordially go fuck yourselves with flippancy like that....

They are the disaffected and easily led by a bankrupt religion that unfortunately has influence, simple as that, the only real solution is going to be genocide but civilisation tries to avoid that...

Cheers

If we hadn't been warning of this for many years you might have a point. The fact is that I'm so sick of hearing of violence done in the name of the 'religion of peace' every single day that if I got upset about it I'd have capped myself years ago. Genocide is not the answer though our governments are giving it a good shot in the middle east. A clamp down on immigration to the west and deportation laws for anyone found guilty of a violent crime or associating with a terrorist organisation would be a good start. While our 'leaders' (lols) collectively fiddle, Rome (France today, who knows tomorrow?) is burning (almost literally) and people have had enough. I'm still not sure who's fomenting what and for what purpose but if you think I'm going to allow them to force me into despair then you are mistaken.

Charles Martel would be rolling in his grave.

• Like 2

I don't agree with all of what you've said, but this quote? Hell yeah.

I resent some people using 158 people's deaths as a soapbox for their demented prejudices and conspiracy theories.

• Like 1