Sign in to follow this  
codecreeper

Which is Faster?

I put this here instead of gaming as it falls in both categories.

Ok i play a lot of MMO's and i am mouse clicker hardly use the keyboard.

In lots of games players are telling each other that Keyboards are faster than mouses ,why?

From my knowledge both have mini controllers in them ,both are connected to the same bus in the PC through PC ports ,so why is one faster than the other? IS this a design flaw.

Has their been any real tests to see which is really faster. Why can a Keyboard beat latency issues and a mouse cannot?

If you're the king of keyboard shortcuts it's much faster for a lot of things.

it just takes a lot of practice to get there.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 1

If you're the kind of keyboard shortcuts it's much faster for a lot of things.

But why is a keyboard faster than a mouse?

I think it's all subjective. Some people are faster on keyboards and others can use the mouse faster assuming you are using proper non-crud equipment.

• Like 1

If you're the kind of keyboard shortcuts it's much faster for a lot of things.

But why is a keyboard faster than a mouse?

If you can macro actions you're able to perform actions that would take several clicks of the mouse into one simple key.

I haven't played any MMO for a long time but some don't approve of it being done.

Agreed the points that have been made are based on Human Functions.

But has their been any lab tests to say pressing Key "A" is faster that clicking a right mouse button?

No presser likes a clicker.

You have to spend time moving your mouse between buttons, making sure the positioning is correct, then clicking the mouse button.

Or you can press a specific keybind that's easy to reach.

Especially because in most MMO type games I've seen, the mouse is the primary control for the camera. How are you moving the camera and moving your character if you're also using the mouse to click on hotbar buttons?

• Like 2

Even at work I tend to use a keyboard shortcut if it saves me moving my mouse 1 inch to reach a button at the top of the screen.

As Nich mentioned, accuracy is what I was thinking when I started reading this thread. I have more chance of missing the 4th hot key on the screen with a mouse than I do of missing the 4 key that my left index finger can reach when it's not holding a beer.

So, yeah, I think in general gaming terms it is faster and more accurate to use a keyboard for a lot of functions.

But for just repetitive button clicking speed. I'm not certain. One thought I have though, if I just want to mash a button 100 times then on a keyboard I can just mash from the wrist and be confident I'll hit the button while still holding my beer. Whereas with a mouse I need to hold it still at the same time, so the obvious method is to hold it like you always do and mash with your finger but to do this with enough force to action the mouse button would be notably slower for me on average. Or I could hold the mouse still with my left hand and then mash the button from the wrist with my right, so using 2 hands and therefore not holding my beer.

I vote keyboard.

• Like 1