Sign in to follow this  
Waltish

World Of Tanks PS4 Xbox Mobile .

Feel free to post about your Gaming Appliance of choice (non personal computer) experiences with World of Tanks.

I was starting to choke the other thread, and having played a couple of matches in the open beta, its different enough to almost be another game, sort of like two teams, (PC / Xbox-360-One) were given the same/similar assets and told to make a tank game, and the console team was later added to with another team (PS4).

Familiar maps in PC and Xbox though with some changes, PS4 version (I will ignore timed exclusives) maps same but different again from either of them.

Anyway, I will drag my posts from the other thread, to this one.

Just been informed by Wargaming that I need to make a US PSN ID to enter the code and to D/L the S/Test client.

----------------------------------------

I don't believe me sometimes, just finished DL the WOT S/Test client for PS4, 31.8 Gig , which is subject to being wiped etc, and has a lot of down time...so then to get some longer play time and collect my rewards for participation in the open Beta ( xp and such will carry to the release version,and freebie tanks )

I am now downloading the open beta which is slightly bigger by a gig or so, now I can haz two versions of a game I didn't want to over invest in. sheesh I have had to buy more data....

Edited by Waltish

So the open beta will stay open till the 6th of 12th then stay closed till the game is live... the supertest is an ongoing thing looking at wed/thu sessions.

I will report for now on the Open Beta, there was no NDA for that.

-----------------------------------------

The open beta is still D/L it has a progress bar, am sure it will be for the open game too.

At about 1/7th of the progress bar a mark says "Playable", so last night just past this point I clicked in, and only 3 x tier1 tanks were available LollyTaktor MS-1 and T1-Cruntingham in the training maps where bots are the enemy and fill gaps in your team.

The map resolution was SD and there were some spare slots.

Played 1 game ... It was fun I am struggling a bit with the sticks snuggling in close to things is tricky.

It was fun though then went to bed.

---------------------

Got in today and the progress bar had passed a bit under halfway the mark called "Content Unlocked" all the content was there but the maps are SD, was informed that the HD maps will continue to D/L in the background.

Again more fun in the Lolly-T got out of the game, so as to free the bandwidth for the rest of the D?L.

Being a WOT low specification PC player, I must say even in SD the maps have features I am not used to seeing, .Flowers, Long Grass little details all over the place, I cant wait for the HD maps to D/L.

Edited by Waltish

I have played a bit of WoT blitz on the phone and all I can say is that, it is not really that good. Not that easy to control your tank quickly and once you lose a team mate or two it feels like it is over from that point unless the other team is full of numpties!

• Like 1

Control is a bit of a pain on the PS4 as well, not so much driving around, its the trying to position in cover that gets tiresome, at times the left stick just sooo reminds me of driving the Mako in Mass Effect,

The turret in WOT doesn't auto centre like the Mako. YaY thank deity for small mercy's.

It gets fidgety and ambiguous while reversing and nudging your tank to get it to fit just right in cover, hopefully some polish over time will tighten that up, but for now it is annoying.

There is a lot to like though, El Hallouf in the rain, Prokhorovka at night and other variations, its pretty kool, and the HD is everywhere.

I have been flogging the open BETA today, Trying to get the KV-1 unlocked before time is up.

Edited by Waltish

Walt maybe try War Thunder on PS4.

War Thunder is cross platform so it mixes the PS4 and PC players together and the PS4 players don't seem to be at a disadvantage because of the controls. Just an idea if WoT on PS4 is to frustrating.

Sorry I gave the wrong impression, I am not finding the game particularly frustrating.

Yah driving a tank with a stick, in a game I have played for several years, with KB and Mouse is a bit annoying in some situations, I am getting the hang of it.

Well I was but the Open Beta has finished, so only one or two sessions a week, in the super-test.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the Beta was timed to coincide with PSX (Playstation Experience) in L.A, so the servers would be populated.

Any way Its a Good Port to the PS4, it is different and yet the same as the PC version, not just the controls, the maps

seem to have been expanded and reshaped a bit.

Dynamic Lighting, Dynamic Weather, Day / Night, though night is, the moon-glow of a full moon , or a pre-dawn/late dusk twilight.

It not just a rainy map or a dark map , you can got to the same place and it is raining or not, night or not or both, and rain can dynamically vary in intensity, and winter maps sometimes snow is falling.

Some of the wow factor for me is likely to be from the fact, that I played for years on entry level laptops, AMD A6 HP Pavillion, so yah long grass swaying in the breeze, fields of flowers in bloom HD tanks and textures ... all new to me, though I think the dynamic weather and day night is new to every one.

I am participating in the super-test so I can see how that side of things work, for the game its self, The accounts don't crossover, I have 100 or so tanks on my laptops account, so for me on the PS4 it will be for casual play and I can let visitors have a bash at it.

I am certain that if it succeeds WOWS will be next, so now that thought makes me not want to over invest in WOWS on my Laptop.

World of Tanks is a fun game and looks great, I would recommend it to any console gamer particularly those that aren't invested playing it on PC/Laptop.

XBoxers ought to give it a look, its been out for both XBoxen for a while now.

Edited by Waltish

Got up at 3.45 am to join the first session for the Super-test, I didn't know how long a session would be, looks like I didn't need to be up so early.

Its quite different from the common test on PC, its not a gold spamming yippie shoot.

There will be another Open Beta in January , any PS4 owner can D/L play it, you don't need PS Plus to get it or play it.

XP and other earnings will migrate to the live game.

Sweet I completed the op for the Free Premium GuP skinned PZ IV H, Its pretty easy just earn 20,000 xp in a PZ IV H .

Not my game play.

Edited by Waltish

It was a hoot steaming around in the TogBoat heheh

Not my clip, just posted so can you see the game play.

Edited by Waltish

Just got a free T14 as a reward for super-test during the beta, a bit long coming but its the premium T14 with a PS Blue, Black and Grey camo job.

So its Called T14-PS the gun is a tad lacking in punch, it was sent to my live account , not the super-test so I will cap something and post it.

Loved the TOGs afloat video. Shame I missed it.

I captured some game play, just have to get PS 4 to sign in to my you-tube and that means digging up the password for my semi abandoned you-tube channel / account, its nothing special its just is a premium T14 with what seems to be called te PS Camo .

I will keep it high ROF poor penetration gun and all hehe.

I ought to make a series of Vids of the kooky tanks I have on the PS4.

Edited by Waltish

This one I didn't share factory , its a better effort from me but not spectacular, it does show the

Locust M22-PS aka the Chrome Cricket its a good little tank, one of the better freebies .

The sound is deficient in volume on both these clips I will see if that can be improved should I do any more of them.

Edited by Waltish

Smee driving the Cromwell Knight , finally I get how to drive the Cromwell, to use the mobility rather than push into the fight.

I didnt carry, the team was good, I did manage to contribute to the outcome.

Edited by Waltish