AccessDenied

Rollercoasters. EVERYWHERE. What's your pick?

2 games come out this year. "Roller Coaster Tycoon World" and "Planet Coaster"

Both of them are looking amazing.

RCTW had a shaky start, but then settled on a developer and then even got 6-flags involved to provide advice!

Planet Coaster has had stable development throughout and has quite a few innovative ideas (Their terrain modelling tool looks amazing!) And quite a pedigree of developer too!

Has anyone picked their horse yet?

I have a funny feeling that this will be a case where both of them will have slow sales at the start as people see what "Everyone else has to say" and then pick their sides. I'm going to guess a 2 month lag before sales pick up.

Having played and loved the original Roller Coaster Tycoons and Theme Parks, I'm still kind of torn.

I'm loving the terrain tools of Planet Coaster, but it's feeling like it's a "Deeper Game" and not a "I'm just gonna play for 20 minutes" game.

Having a child means I don't get as much time to sit down and focus as much as I want. Yes, this would be child friendly. But could you imagine a themepark designed in a game with 'mandatory' suggestions from a 6yr old? (Mind you. That could be pretty fun too!

AD

Never played the Coaster games, but I picked up RCT on GOG a few months back. Guess I should fire it up.

Used to play the RCT games a lot ,was fun up to a point. The micro management of the game and getting money was painful. In fact i had to stop playing for times not to get aggro.

You really need to be good at planning and such ,and mathematics.

Mmmmmmmmmm. Ryan's birthday is in October - hoping they are out and reviewed before then. He's loved the coaster games for years, spending I don't know how long on RCT.

Thanks for the heads up!

Another one of my favourites in this series was Transport Tycoon ,it was so addictive i played it for months. Never seen another version of this game yet.

Another one of my favourites in this series was Transport Tycoon ,it was so addictive i played it for months. Never seen another version of this game yet.

There was the spiritual successor called Locomotion, which had extremely dated graphics when it came out.

I will be most likely be buying the new RCT when it comes out

• Like 1

There was the spiritual successor called Locomotion, which had extremely dated graphics when it came out.

I will be most likely be buying the new RCT when it comes out

Still have that somewhere ,Loco was buggy.

So Ben (Mr Editor Dude)... Head to Head article for PCTA? I'd buy that magazine!

AD

You are probably best asking Daniel Wilks from PCPP for an article. It's more in his ballpark. :)

Probably right Chaos. :P

It's really going to be a tough one.

Will be interesting to see how the fan content goes too. That could really make it/break it.

AD

will either of them support vr?

Edited by Dasa

No info on either of them. There are only rumours that VR will be available. However, the rumours also say that a few developers are having issues with the current version of the SDK for VR and that they're waiting for next version before committing.

Worth noting that both of them will be using VR supported Engines.

AD

our pc room would be looking a bit like the path at the exit from one of our extreme coaster rides

awesome :)