Sign in to follow this  
redrob

290x drivers

where has ccc gone it seems to have vanished from my pc ,i went to update the drivers not sure which one to download

where has ccc gone it seems to have vanished from my pc ,i went to update the drivers not sure which one to download

Running Windows 10? It does that. :p MS thinks they know better than you or you hardware manufacturer does.

If you can't find one on the mfc's site yourself, just email their support line. Just be polite, and most most of these guys are only too happy to answer a simple question.

• Like 1

No windows 7 thanks for your reply Cybes ,should i download the new crimson drivers i had some issues with the last lot ,your thoughts please

should i download the new crimson drivers i had some issues with the last lot ,your thoughts please

Honestly would not have a clue, sorry. If it were me, I'd get the new ones - you can always roll back if you have to, assuming you can find the files - and if you can't, you have to get what you can anyway.

• Like 1

Issues can occur with fan control. So when putting new drivers on, keep an eye on fan speeds and GPU temps. FurMark is a really good way to generate a lot of heat quickly and you can run it windowed which means you can play around with monitor/control stuff at the same time.

Issue #2 is that often the previous driver will leave residual crap which hinders the install of the new one. Use Driver Sweeper or similar tool to take care of that.

As for the Crimson drivers and control interface - not exactly a fan here. IMO they had it about right with CCC a few years ago though the complaint there is it can take a while to load.

• Like 1

never liked ccc myself prefer crimson

mind you about the only thing i use if for these days is enabling the fps limiter

Ok thanks heaps guys so there is no more ccc,ill get drive sweeper and remove crap then ill install latest drivers .