Sign in to follow this  
PointZeroOne

The Division

Anyone else playing?

What's your thought so far?

I'm really enjoying it so far the time I spent playing it yesterday, even solo. I like that there is things to collect around the map and the side missions/encounters are a lot of fun. I'm hoping that the game keeps this up as I progress through.

I'm playing on PC on my potato. (I'm under min spec requirements) Here is what it looks like for me http://imgur.com/a/wEF3C

and this is why I'm going to get a new PC soon!

Also if there is other PC players, I'd like to add you to my linke.....uplay so can group sometime

Edited by PointZeroOne

I'm playing on both pc and xb1.

Loved the betas. Love the game.

I've been adding anyone who wants an add just so I have friendlies ingame. You can add justo316. I tend to play in shorter spurts so don't be offended if I drop in and out occasionally :)

How are you finding playing on two platforms, isn't it a bit odd levelling twice etc?

How are you finding playing on two platforms, isn't it a bit odd levelling twice etc?

I usually hate having to do that ever. I never play games twice either.

But for some reason, I really enjoyed playing the betas across all 3 platforms. I think it's a psychological thing because I can't bring myself to create alts in any game. To me that's always wasted time. But on different platforms, it feels like a whole separate thing and I'm competing against myself lol.

My aim is that on PC, I'm there just to have fun with friends or follow others and do whatever they want to do. On XB1, i'll be paying more attention and spending a lot of time exploring by myself which I find you miss out on a bit when playing with others.

I quite like that you can shoot the napalm tanks, ammo backpacks and grenade satchels on the baddies. Watching them run around trying to get a backpack off while bullets fly in all directions is hilarious :)

Do you guys reckon there will be an active PC player base for this game in Australia say even 6-12 months after release.

Because dang, most AAA shooters' online community die so quickly.

Do you guys reckon there will be an active PC player base for this game in Australia say even 6-12 months after release.

Possible fanboyism aside, I honestly believe so.

The thing is, it's not really a shooter as such, so it doesn't rely on having full servers. Apart from grouping for missions which you only need 4 for, how many people do you really run into in the DZ at any given point in time? The game is more focused on going about your own business with the occasional bumping into other players, not like a proper shooter where it's all about pvp.

Apart from that, they seem to have a clear idea on their year one plan which is a good sign as opposed to other games with season passes that seem to make it up as they go along. The sales The Division made pretty much guarantees it will get plenty of attention and nurturing given Ubisoft's bad track record over the past few years. Also, the devs seem to be really responsive to feedback, more so than I've seen in any other game I play, and genuinely seem to be trying to evolve the game to what the players want. For better or worse, I think that's a positive sign people will still be playing 6-12 months down the track.

Not a chance. The content is so lacking that it's not funny. The Dark Zone is as boring as bat shit. And this game isn't a shooter, it's a looter shooter. Big difference. Once you get to lvl 30 it's just a pathetically boring grind to get mats to build a slightly better gun. Once your gun is better than the other guy's gun you win. I don't get the appeal of that gaming mechanic.