ok who goes to church? and celebrates this Easter as it should be?

Easter as it should be?

So worship of the Pagan god Ester?

Or do you mean the way it was warped to bring Christians into the fold with this date?

Even the most devout Christian who has studied the 'origin' and 'dates' around this holiday know its wrong and was more a tool than anything.

Mates granddad was a minister who spoke quite a bit of various ancient languages, and spent a LOT of time translating between the various Abramic religions.

Its quite facinating to learn how many dates are 'wrong' and were just used because they were both convenient, and a way to 'cancel out' the conflicting groups holiday.

Regardless; $200 million is a very small price to pay for everyone in the country to get a day off.

I'd say that's cheap!

Edited by Master_Scythe

My mum does the whole "no meat on Fridays for lent" as well as church on Friday and Sunday. She won't eat meat on Good Friday and will only have lunch all day that day too.

Religion is weird.

Edited by Chaos.Lady
  • Like 2

Does it matter?

So what is the whole purpose of this extra long Weekend?

My mum does the whole "no meat on Fridays for lent" as well as church on Friday and Sunday. She won't eat meat on Good Friday and will only have lunch all day that day too.

My late mother was from a catholic family ,and it was the only time we ever stopped eating meat on Friday. But today i just eat what i want ,it serves no purpose but just a token gesture.

Good Friday was always Tuna Patties for Lunch ,Dinner and the next day.

Does it matter?

Rest and relaxation.

Not everything needs a deep and meaningful reason.

• Like 3

Does it matter?

Rest and relaxation.

It does not compute ,syntax error.

• Like 1

My late mother was from a catholic family ,and it was the only time we ever stopped eating meat on Friday. But today i just eat what i want ,it serves no purpose but just a token gesture.

Yuk! My mum always did fish of some sort though. I remember her going nuts at my dad once when I was little because he'd been away on a fishing trip and mum found out he'd had bacon and egg burger for breakfast on good Friday. I was just jealous he'd managed to snag bacon that day instead of crappy fish.

Does it matter?

Rest and relaxation.

hehe.

You have to admit though,

$200 million is actually damn cheap for EVERYONE in the country to get a 'paid' day off.

If that's all it costs, I'd be voting for MORE, honestly.

• Like 1

Get a job. See if it computes then.

Bit harsh for a severe disability squall; but the meaning is the same.

For full time workers, its a god send (no pun intended.)

PMSL.

I appreciate the p/hols where barely anyone works.

It makes everything peaceful for a change... nowhere for people to go except whatever activity they choose for the day rather than the rushing around of Bunnings, Supercrap, Hardlies then KFD on the way home.

Maybe we should scrap that Earth Hour shit and have an Earth Day instead... internationally.

The theme of the thing being just stay the fuck in one place for 24 hours instead of running around "stimulating the economy".

• Like 1

PMSL.

I appreciate the p/hols where barely anyone works.

It makes everything peaceful for a change... nowhere for people to go except whatever activity they choose for the day rather than the rushing around of Bunnings, Supercrap, Hardlies then KFD on the way home.

Maybe we should scrap that Earth Hour shit and have an Earth Day instead... internationally.

The theme of the thing being just stay the fuck in one place for 24 hours instead of running around "stimulating the economy".

I just want the country to notice all those 'successful' 6 hour work day reviews.

Where they almost universally found the last 2 hours of that day are less than 10% productive, and it'd let people pick up their kids and such also.

All pays equal, universal hour cut.

Imagine the life balance. ahhhhhhhhhh :)

I wasn't trying to suggest that codecreeper isn't deserving of his pension.

What I'm saying is that he can't possibly appreciate the value of public holidays from his position.

• Like 1

Yuk! My mum always did fish of some sort though. I remember her going nuts at my dad once when I was little because he'd been away on a fishing trip and mum found out he'd had bacon and egg burger for breakfast on good Friday. I was just jealous he'd managed to snag bacon that day instead of crappy fish.

Salmon.... fucking.... cakes.

What I'm saying is that he can't possibly appreciate the value of public holidays from his position.

Yes i can no shops open for me too walk around.

Public Holidays i value its the only time my Family stays away from me.

TBH, I couldn't care less what the reason for a public holiday is. For a majority of people they just want time to spend as they wish off of the hamster wheel that is indebted servitude.

Seeing as I'm self-employed and can't take paid vacations and the like, I love a couple extra days where I can spend some quality time with my wife and kids.

Sad day for you if you're not a fan.

• Like 2

Yes i can no shops open for me too walk around.

Public Holidays i value its the only time my Family stays away from me.

Oh right. So it is all about you ...

Lost production, nothing is open, nothing to do.

Hah. It's one of our busiest weekends of the entire year.

'this' Easter?

I'm not celebrating Easter until May. Are you happy it won't be a public holiday?

I just want the country to notice all those 'successful' 6 hour work day reviews.

Where they almost universally found the last 2 hours of that day are less than 10% productive, and it'd let people pick up their kids and such also.

6 hr days? That must be nice for an officeworker.

Lost production, nothing is open, nothing to do.

Hah. It's one of our busiest weekends of the entire year.

'this' Easter?

I'm not celebrating Easter until May. Are you happy it won't be a public holiday?

6 hr days? That must be nice for an officeworker.

I know right?

office workers especially suffer from boredom and lost productivity

And on the other end of the scale, My family is a family of Tradies.

Uncle, Granddad, Father, etc, and they all recon people get 'sloppy' and or slow down significantly after 6 hours solid.

Even big factories producing consumables have proven it better

http://www.informationweek.com/six-hour-shifts-satisfied-kelloggs-appetite-for-productivity/d/d-id/1014546?

Ah well, we can dream can't we?

Back to the 8hr grindstone, lol.

I do find the last hour at work is like ... I've lost interest.

Yep.

Everyones milage may vary, I find 6 and a half to be my braking point.

After that I'm a body in a chair who's able to be called upon, but no matter how much coffee, or self discipline I have, I just end up wasting time.

If I'm well rested and have been eating properly (big ifs), I'm good for about 12 hrs if I get a break to sit and eat. Otherwise it's about 10-11. Or 7-8. I think the common factor is the last hour or so, no matter how long my shift and excluding straight up physical and mental fatigue (eg 14 hrs straight).

• Like 1

If I'm well rested and have been eating properly (big ifs), I'm good for about 12 hrs if I get a break to sit and eat. Otherwise it's about 10-11. Or 7-8. I think the common factor is the last hour or so, no matter how long my shift and excluding straight up physical and mental fatigue (eg 14 hrs straight).

I'm in the boat where I'm going to have to negotiate shorter days.

Seems no meds can help with the eye strain, so regardless of what or how I work, having to 'stay focused' (literally) results in migraines after 6 hours, without fail.

Fucking disability.

• Like 3

I'm in the boat where I'm going to have to negotiate shorter days.

Seems no meds can help with the eye strain, so regardless of what or how I work, having to 'stay focused' (literally) results in migraines after 6 hours, without fail.

Fucking disability.

Have tried those glasses with lens like sun glasses they dim in strong light.

Do you take vitamin pills for migraines and drink plenty of water. if you sitting down a lot migraines could be stemmed from a back problem in lower back region.

Used to get heaps of migraines too until i started to read about the spine and nerves , my neck has discs c1-c4 very badly damaged and i used to have heaps of problems. Not until i noticed that my lower spinal area was the same. So i now know how to control my pain through better control of my lower back with bowel movements and eating more foods with roughage in them. And drinking plenty of water ,btw coffee can cause dehydration problems.

Edited by codecreeper

Have tried those glasses with lens like sun glasses they dim in strong light.

Do you take vitamin pills for migraines and drink plenty of water. if you sitting down a lot migraines could be stemmed from a back problem in lower back region.

Used to get heaps of migraines too until i started to read about the spine and nerves , my neck has discs c1-c4 very badly damaged and i used to have heaps of problems. Not until i noticed that my lower spinal area was the same. So i now know how to control my pain through better control of my lower back with bowel movements and eating more foods with roughage in them. And drinking plenty of water ,btw coffee can cause dehydration problems.

THey only trigger in UV light, so they dont work indoors.

They're ALSO never quite as clear as 'non variable' lenses.

Vitamins, painkillers, treatment, etc..... Don't work.

Basically because its not really a headache. Its physical muscle eye strain. which causes migraines.

A professional head massage fixes it instantly, but unfortunately any sort of muscle relaxant is also a sleeping pill; so there's no way to medicate it.

Just something I need to work out with my employer.... which is scary, because the job is good, and I'm new..... so they could just say 'out!'....

• Like 1