Sign in to follow this  
redrob

setting up a web page help

I have been asked to edit our local meditation page and i want to ask the pros without googling heaps of crap.

My question is.

On pinterest there are a lot of spiritual quotes can i copy these and paste them on my site with out getting in the poop i have tried to understand the copyright laws but i am now more confused at dos and donts

Can you modify the HTML of the page? If so, try using this:

<script async defer src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js"></script>

<a data-pin-do="embedBoard" data-pin-board-width="600" data-pin-scale-height="400" data-pin-scale-width="80" href="https://www.pinterest.com/marykayus/inspirational-quotes/"></a> 

That will give you a widget that looks like this:

https://jsfiddle.net/8mbLc9nr/

You can change the URL in that markup to whatever Pinterest board that you want shown.

.:Cyb3rGlitch:. Awesome thanks heaps ill try that

not sure if i can modify the html or not how can i tell please.

How are you editing the page at the moment? Is there an online interface, or did they give you access to their server somewhere?

• Like 1

hmm im a noob and have no idea what im doing i dont want to stuff it up i dragged the embed code but have no idea what im supposed to do with it .

Drag it onto the page where you want the Pinterest stuff to show up. Then press 'Edit custom HTML' and replace the 'Click to set custom HTML' text with the markup I posted above. It'll probably look blank until you refresh the page, but I tried it myself and it turned out like this:

http://atomichelp.weebly.com/

Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:.
  • Like 1

hmm my page looks like this if i click on edit i get a block that says save footer .2hdz43n.jpg

not sure if this will help i tried to drag an image but nothing to say edit custom html 33few0o.jpg

ill try that thought i did ill try again

ok i see it now so now i add what you typed at the start

hmm whats next please2v8jon4.jpg

That should work. Either publish the page, or click the button on the top banner next to 'SETTINGS' and switch to 'phone' and then back to 'desktop' again to force the page to refresh.

oh der thanks

ok i have something but not what i want what did i do wrong 2808j0o.jpg

thanks for your help ill try again tomorrow time for me to crash .

just cant work out how to transfer quotes from the pnterest site thats all

i tried doing as you sugested but then i had the items as in the screen shot

You could just get the image location (url) and insert a picture where you want.O

Only problem is, when pinterest moves the picture somewhere, you get a broken link, or unrelated picture.

Since its a not for proffit community service group, I'd personally just 'steal' them, and comply in removing them if the owner contacts you about it.

No one ever used to worry about photo copying a page or picture for a flyer for an event; its the internet 'political correctness' gone mad again IMO.

• Like 1

Master_Scythe thats awesome info thanks heaps ive been instructed now that the lady that owns the meditation site would like to set up her own domain ,sorry for the huge font seems when i copied your name i copied the font to .

So am i better off to go to google quotes and steal images and quotes by just adding the url ,this is all new territory to me ,When i tried a tutorial on youtube i nearly started taking drugs again

oh cool the font didnt follow

Well, sort of.

Its always 'best' to link original content, and give credit.

But, depending on the creator, give credit where you sourced something, and be sure you're happy to comply and apologetic if you step on anyones toes.

what its 'best to do' is what you were TRYING to do, but if its just too far beyond your technical means, then as I said, I'd personally just upload the pictures, give credit to the original page, and relax.

• Like 1