I know Windows Phone 7 had no capacity to connect to hidden SSID, fixed in 8 when you could add your own entries manually.

Wifi keeps stops working ,my router is at the other end of our home. Which is about through 4 double brick walls and a door.

Checked for wifi available i went from to now 7 wifi spots overlap my area. Plus Internode free wifi .

it seems to stick on the 3rd bar ,when i am same room i can get 16.7mbps ,other end of house about 9-10mbps. i suppose that is not bad.

Wifi keeps stops working ,my router is at the other end of our home. Which is about through 4 double brick walls and a door.

There's your problem, the wifi is being attenuated too much by the walls etc. You need to get a wifi point closer to your devices, prefferably in the same room.

Either get Ethernet run from the main router to the required room and fit a wireless AP or Wireless router in AP/WAN bypass mode or if that is out use a pair of Ethenet over power devices to get an Ethernet port in the required room

Some of the EoP devices come with a built in wireless AP on the slave unit.

You're in an internode free wifi area and you're paying for internet? what on earth?

it only just turned on last week for the Obahn ( Bus ) interchange near us.

There's your problem, the wifi is being attenuated too much by the walls etc. You need to get a wifi point closer to your devices, prefferably in the same room.

Strange it only happens when the air is warm outside. But on the Transformer site for Asus TA100Ha they say to download broadcom drivers and dump the MS drivers for better range. No idea where to start looking ? Should i be looking at Asus site or a Broadcom site.

it seems to stick on the 3rd bar ,when i am same room i can get 16.7mbps ,other end of house about 9-10mbps. i suppose that is not bad.

It might be blackspots. You wouldn't be getting that little reduction of it was massive attenuation.

It might be blackspots. You wouldn't be getting that little reduction of it was massive attenuation.

What about too many wifi spots overlapping each other can that cause signals to be jammed?

MIMO-OFDM.

Long story short, technological tricks and multiple frequencies and antennas on later 802.11 standards allow higher data rates with less chance of contention.

• Like 1

What about too many wifi spots overlapping each other can that cause signals to be jammed?

That's not a thing.

Well, not exactly.

You CAN have enough wifi that new devices drop constantly.

We would see it all the time on Education Queensland sites.

One site had 4 schools on one physical location.

Each with their own infrastructure.

Each set up with the identical MOE (so same channels, etc).

Each school wanted to use the Library, and had installed about 3 access points each.

So, 12 access points, in a 10m2 area, all on the same channel. Add in about 200 students, and i'd happily call that 'Jamming up' the airwaves.

Same thing happened with tablets and bluetooth keyboard.

Class of more than 27 would see bluetooth failing across the class.

damn wifi was not working on my Tbook let win10 resolve it. just dropped driver out and then re detect wifi. Driver reloaded back in and it works again.

Wonder if the weather can affect the wifi signal ?

downloaded a jpeg viewer strange i can now see the program files. Found Broadcom driver package dated last october 2015. Driver in use is about 2013 ,might update later in the week.