IsmoHakala

Get back Excel files after D drive

Hi Experts,
I formated my D drive but I have done by mistake. So I recover all data using Power Data Recovery many file working ok but some Excel file corrupted and unable to open. How can I fix it?
Thanks!

Hi!,

Sorry, those files are corrupt and there's little you can do except look for some form of malware.

Unfortunately if links are posted here they will be removed, so we can't even tell you where to get this malware, but I have no doubt a quick google search will turn some up.

Hi Experts,

I formated my D drive but I have done by mistake. So I recover all data using Power Data Recovery many file working ok but some Excel file corrupted and unable to open. How can I fix it?

Thanks!

Try GetDataBackNTFS

Got to Computer -> Manage -> Storage -> Disk Management (Local)

Right click Drive "E:" then select "Change drive letter and paths..."

From the list presented, choose "D:" and select "Yes" to any warning message stating programs might not work properly afterwards.

Hey presto! You now have a D: drive populated with files again... OK, not the same files you had before but at least some files!

First try File | Open ... browse for the file, then click the dropdown triangle on the Open button and choose Open and Repair. If it prompts, the "Repair" options is better, but if it fails, try again, choosing "Extract".
Then, check the size of the recovered file. Is it likely all your data is included? if so, you can try to access the data from the file without opening it by creating an external reference. In cell A1 of a blank workbook, type a reference to the A1 cell of the corrupted workbook, following this format:
='C:\Folder\Path\[FileName.xlsx]SheeName'!A1
Beyond that, what is the file format? There may be more options.

Look also this source for more information

<Link removed>

Edited by Chaos.Lady
link removed

Perhaps you will be useful this online service. I read a lot of good reviews in Google about it.

<link removed>

Edited by Chaos.Lady
removed link

Garn. Try again. Spammers aren't welcome here.

Edited by Chaos.Lady

Unfortunately we have had an influx of spammers who put junk links in or link to sites that are supposedly helpful, but are also full of junk links.

If you are trying to be helpful - thanks. Hang around, prove yourself a part of the community and your links will be considered.

Until then, unfortunately we cannot let the spammers win

Edit: nice cyber. Princess Bride reference for the win. :).

Edited by Chaos.Lady