DiegoSoler

Acrobat crashes after open pdf file

I have a pdf file that will open up only to the the print menu. then after a minute or 2, acrobat crashes full version is 5.0.

Other pdf's open up to the container, full menu, etc.

This is my only file and source, and i need to edit it. is there a way of salvaging it? thanks.

Yep, update.

If you are looking for tools, you won't find them here I'm afraid. Let us know what happens after you open it in a newer version.

PDF file format is not the same across versions, old versions can't handle the newer version file formats and ditch.

The file is very likely corrupt, and there is nothing you can do about that. You can try other PDF viewers (non-Adobe products) to see if another program can display the file. Try this online service. I found it in Google.

<link removed>

Edited by Chaos.Lady
link removed

Yep, just give them your email address and possibly sensitive information containing PDF file.

And not only will they fail to do anything useful if your file is corrupted but as a bonus not send you any steak knives but no doubt subscribe you to plenty of spam mailing lists that will offer you steak knife sets along with lots of other things you don't want to buy or otherwise read about.

Thank you guys for your feedback and help. Sorry, that long time did not respond. This is because the issue was solved and I forgot to tell.) Thank you!

Thank you guys for your feedback and help. Sorry, that long time did not respond. This is because the issue was solved and I forgot to tell.) Thank you!

Its not a good forum unless you tell us HOW you solved it.

Was it just that your version of Adobe hadnt been seen since Windows 98?

Why bother? It'd be a fake explanation of the solution to a non-existent problem.

Why bother? It'd be a fake explanation of the solution to a non-existent problem.

That's the point. Clearly these are people actually responding; I want to see what they say.

Social experimentation?

Should have left the link Chaos, I had changed it to a surprise lmao!

Aww damn, you shoulda told me. :)

Next time I'll check. :D

And yeah, the social experimentation is something that interests me as well. I'm fascinated to know if this kind of thing actually works. And what the approach is.