teme

Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life,

How would you guarantee that when the laws are under the guise of Marriage equality law? How would marriage be equal if you are a SSC and are not allowed to get married in a Chruch/mosque/synagogue which provides marriage servcies? Are you going to make such guarentees? If you do, it does not sound like Mariage equality.

The law would only affect the issuing of marriage licences. Since that isn't metaphysical, you have nothing to worry about. Right?

How would you guarantee that when the laws are under the guise of Marriage equality law? How would marriage be equal if you are a SSC and are not allowed to get married in a Chruch/mosque/synagogue which provides marriage servcies? Are you going to make such guarentees? If you do, it does not sound like Mariage equality.

The law would only affect the issuing of marriage licences. Since that isn't metaphysical, you have nothing to worry about. Right?

Do churchs marry people? ie: issue marriage licences? arent they given the power by the state? and if they did not marry SS, they would be up against the equal oppurtunity commision?

Do churchs marry people? ie: issue marriage licences? arent they given the power by the state? and if they did not marry SS, they would be up against the equal oppurtunity commision?

Celebrants marry people, not churches. That usually covers priests/bishops/deacons. If you want to issue marriage licenses then you should expect to marry everyone. Otherwise, marry people without it.

No, im sure there are plenty of atheist with a more open heart and loving than i am.. while atheism is not a worlview (disclaimer), Most atheists (not all) have a big problem when it comes to claims like "love" etc... in that they cant really both deny a metaphysical claim like "God" and then accept another metaphycscial claim like "love"

Love is not metaphysical. It is emotional, and thus based on brain chemistry. It is also both testable and falsifiable - which is not something that can be said for any god(s).

Metaphysical when I hear that in religious debate to me it sounds like another way of saying Magical.

EG: I was explaining the relative magical metaphysical value of Unicorns to Evelyn the other day.

Yes, I said to her that while Golden Horned Unicorns were quite rare, and that the Rainbow Coloured Unicorn was

also quite rare, with both of them having magics metaphysics.

I had to say that without a doubt, The Golden Horned Rainbow Coloured Unicorn, is by far the rarest Unicorn of all

and the most magical metaphysical.

Edited by Waltish
  • Like 1

http://www.psypost.org/2016/03/conflict-science-religion-lies-brains-41855

To believe in a supernatural god or universal spirit, people appear to suppress the brain network used for analytical thinking and engage the empathetic network, the scientists say. When thinking analytically about the physical world, people appear to do the opposite.

"When there's a question of faith, from the analytic point of view, it may seem absurd," said Tony Jack, who led the research. "But, from what we understand about the brain, the leap of faith to belief in the supernatural amounts to pushing aside the critical/analytical way of thinking to help us achieve greater social and emotional insight."

The researchers say humans are built to engage and explore using both networks.

"Far from always conflicting with science, under the right circumstances religious belief may positively promote scientific creativity and insight," Jack said. "Many of history's most famous scientists were spiritual or religious. Those noted individuals were intellectually sophisticated enough to see that there is no need for religion and science to come into conflict."

They refer to Baruch Aba Shalev's book 100 years of Nobel Prizes, which found that, from 1901 to 2000, 654 Nobel laureates, or nearly 90 percent, belonged to one of 28 religions. The remaining 10.5 percent were atheists, agnostics or freethinkers.

"You can be religious and be a very good scientist," Jack said.

The researchers agree with the New Atheists that suspension of analytical thinking–at the wrong time–can be dangerous, and point to the historical use of religious differences to persecute or fight wars.

Apologies to anyone who saw that before the edit. My fault: I pressed the 'send' button instead of pasting the other half of the quote.

Edited by Cybes
  • Like 1

IMO, atheists need to be recognized by society whn they get married or it becomes meaning less, they can not enter into the belief of transcendence of things like "love" with out undermining there atheism

... Tell me you did not just suggest that atheist can't know love - that you just misspoke.

No, im sure there are plenty of atheist with a more open heart and loving than i am.. while atheism is not a worlview (disclaimer), Most atheists (not all) have a big problem when it comes to claims like "love" etc... in that they cant really both deny a metaphysical claim like "God" and then accept another metaphycscial claim like "love"

So what you are saying is that you believe that love is like religion. A concept where you believe you feel something because you are taught to believe you need to feel something for it to be real therefore the validation that entrenches a belief in something intangible.

You need to be taught religion. Love generally occurs without instruction. It's only "metaphysical" if you think it needs to be.

Edited by The Tick

but it pretty hard to be "in love" get married and then reduce it to a biomechnical process

No.... no it's not.

That's exactly like saying its pretty hard to play your amazing new videogame then reduce it to 1's and 0's. No, its just called 'understanding' or 'knowledge'.

Just because I know that 'love' is something that my brain chemistry adapts to via the release of oxytocin, endorphins, and a sexual response toward the natural urge to reproduce; does that mean it means any less to me?

Hell no.

If anything its more important. Because we know without this partnership, Oxytocin is limited in production and a basic reaction our bodies are capable of as humans goes unused, wasted if you will.

Its like buying a new microwave then using it as a table.

Its a great table; but it has more important functions.

Just because we know HOW humans work, doesn't mean the OUTPUT is any less important.

Otherwise my new cutting edge video game is "Just as good as a printed page of 1's and 0's" and its just not.

Edited by Master_Scythe
  • Like 2