Sign in to follow this  
Ihsan

Dark Souls 3

Tbh it's probably something to do with the hidden hollowing mechanic (which wasn't in the beta) and how it's made to restrict the amount of people you can summon bugging out. Although for the amount of people I've seen die to the first attack of a boss, no amount of summons would save them...

Tbh it's probably something to do with the hidden hollowing mechanic (which wasn't in the beta) and how it's made to restrict the amount of people you can summon bugging out. Although for the amount of people I've seen die to the first attack of a boss, no amount of summons would save them...

I've only been 1-shotted by Sulyvahn. Once. Because I went through the fog expecting a custscene to start, so I took my hand off the controller to scratch my nose.

And that was that. Because Dark Souls.

Edited by SquallStrife

I've honestly lost count of the number of people who have died before or as I finished zoning through a fog wall. So many people just run straight up to the boss and die.

Probably R1 spammers...

I got through most of the game using the Flamberge, and its weapon art is really mundane and boring and SLOW, but it hits like a bus and causes bleed.

About 90% of my attacks are R1. But not spammed, lest you swing unnecessarily, wasting time and stamina, getting yourself killed.

L2+R2 for shield breaking. Swap to claymore for things resistant to slash damage.

I've only been 1-shotted by Sulyvahn. Once. Because I went through the fog expecting a custscene to start, so I took my hand off the controller to scratch my nose.

And that was that. Because Dark Souls.

Jeez, how long did you scratch your nose for? Sulyvahn takes ages to attack if you don't approach him. Even when you do approach him its still probably a good 10 seconds before his first attack. :P

Also, I can confirm that hollowing is bugged out, I've done 2 playthroughs and gone through with the Yoel/Yuria quest line, maxing out my hollowing in the process and never had the limitation placed on me.

Hmmm, I don't think I do on Steam. I still need to work out my build before I go headlong into a character.

Steam username is same as here, if you feel like playing, feel free to add me. Same with anyone else here.

*EDIT* I should mention that none of the issues with fog gates/no animation etc. are happening on the PS4. I only have those sorts of issues on the PC version.

Edited by NukeJockey

Well, I've had only 1 timeout out of like 10 summons so far with this character. No fog wall issues either. I also went off and rushed the the blue sentinels, ignored my bosses and came stayed low level with only a +2 raw weapon and I'm actually getting summoned! Fighting off all the mound makers trying to farm their katana in the undead settlement. The real kicker? I'm getting concords and vertabrae from them so I won't have to farm the mound maker stuff later. :D

After getting to Pontiff Sullivan, I've actually stopped playing Dark Souls 3. And honestly, I can think of why this game doesn't click with me in comparison to Bloodborne or worse, Dark Souls 2. Nukey has known my frustrations with Dark Souls 3 and I'll just TL:DR it here. There isn't that sense of progression in it. Just another slog to the next boss and then behind that, another area to do. Basically, the flaky netcode and the constant need to move into the next area makes it rather hard to feel that you're going somewhere. Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne actually felt like I was doing something, getting that little bit further in the game. But Dark Souls and now Dark Souls 3, it feels like the bosses are just another annoyance. You died, another annoyance. Everything resets, another annoyance. There wasn't a time that I felt, I'm getting somewhere. It was more like "Great, another death. Have to retrace all that way because I misjudged/jumped wrong/did something stupid/etc..."

And that's the shame with Dark Souls 3. It is a good game but flawed because of Mizayaki's insistence on being difficult. Difficult can be fun if you have the sense of achievement and frankly, I'm not with his works...

After getting to Pontiff Sullivan, I've actually stopped playing Dark Souls 3. And honestly, I can think of why this game doesn't click with me in comparison to Bloodborne or worse, Dark Souls 2. Nukey has known my frustrations with Dark Souls 3 and I'll just TL:DR it here. There isn't that sense of progression in it. Just another slog to the next boss and then behind that, another area to do. Basically, the flaky netcode and the constant need to move into the next area makes it rather hard to feel that you're going somewhere. Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne actually felt like I was doing something, getting that little bit further in the game. But Dark Souls and now Dark Souls 3, it feels like the bosses are just another annoyance. You died, another annoyance. Everything resets, another annoyance. There wasn't a time that I felt, I'm getting somewhere. It was more like "Great, another death. Have to retrace all that way because I misjudged/jumped wrong/did something stupid/etc..."

And that's the shame with Dark Souls 3. It is a good game but flawed because of Mizayaki's insistence on being difficult. Difficult can be fun if you have the sense of achievement and frankly, I'm not with his works...

Really? I feel the opposite. I couldn't stand 2 because of it's poorly constructed map layout and artificially inflated difficulty. Copy the Sif fight, add more mobs. Copy the gargoyle fight, add more mobs. Trash mobs, add more mobs. Scholar of the first sin even made some things worse where they'd cockblock stuff behind stupid mobs like adding that Drake before the Blue Sentinels (which was in turn behind another copied boss fight albeit without the second mob...). Spending 30mins farming zergs to stop them resetting on death felt more annoying then just running past them to get back to the boss room. The tutorial zone even went so far as to teach you to create a shortcut only to have a single shortcut in the entire game which was rendered pointless by the fact you had to walk past a bonfire to get it.

Bloodborne I'm still out on. While I did enjoy it, the whole need to parry everything just never sat well with me and the single repeated architecture type got a little monotonous. I wasn't really a fan of how it basically locked all the bloodtinge/arcane build items in the last quarter of the game so you were screwed if you wanted to play that way.

3 I've never had that sense of difficult (outside of probably the twins). Outside of some very broken invasion weapons I've never felt I've died because of something that wasn't my fault. Stop being greedy. Don't R1 spam. Equip a shield. Dodge a different direction. Don't panic roll etc etc. All things I could change and get past the encounter, typically, on the next attempt.

OK, so I finally did a complete run of DS3 without using summons, including Archdragon Peak and the DLC.

Awwww yeah!

FASHION SOULS

x5vOm6uh.jpg