Sign in to follow this  
Nich...

Sometimes, even I'm not game to put some things in thread titles

So, from memory, chinks is a no no.

How about niggers?

Do people realise honkie (more specifically, honkey, I guess) is basically the answer to nigger when referring to white people?

Yes, and I say it all the time. I find that noone cares what you say to describe an ethnic group, as long as you are a part of it.

Yes, and I say it all the time. I find that noone cares what you say to describe an ethnic group, as long as you are a part of it.

Which is reasonable-ish. If you are part of it there is next to 0 chance of it being used in a bigotted tone.

Rob.

Which is reasonable-ish. If you are part of it there is next to 0 chance of it being used in a bigotted tone.
I wouldn't go so far as to say that.

Plenty of people hate themselves.

Honkey?? I always thought that was a horny donkey....... :P

Political correctness is hard ground to tread...even with the English not wanting to be called Pom's, Italian - Dings, Wogs etc...

The thing I always giggle at, is us being called Aussie - where in Cantonese (I'm not sure of the spelling) - aussie means SHIT!

Political correctness is hard ground to tread...even with the English not wanting to be called Pom's, Italian - Dings, Wogs etc...

The thing I always giggle at, is us being called Aussie - where in Cantonese (I'm not sure of the spelling) - aussie means SHIT!

Really? I always though it was called racism...?

And that too...

I guess it depends on how you personally look at it... if someone was to call me a honkie, white fella etc and it was said in humour/jest I wouldn't take any offence, but then that's me... and I do take great pains not to be accused of any racism.

That being said though... it can also be difficult to make a description of someone of another race or ethnicity without sounding racist sometimes...

I dunno lew~.

It's pretty fine ground to tread on.

I tend to say a lot of shit around my friends, but I'm not racist in the slightest.

Languist perhaps, because I prefer it when people speak English so I can understand them, but not racist.

So shut yo mouth honkie =P

Honky, or Cracker.

Stupid white-ass cracker.

I think Chris Rock did a hilarious stand-up on it. Bigger and Blacker I think it was called.

I dunno lew~.

It's pretty fine ground to tread on.

I tend to say a lot of shit around my friends, but I'm not racist in the slightest.

Languist perhaps, because I prefer it when people speak English so I can understand them, but not racist.

So shut yo mouth honkie =P

Yeah I have a friend who says 'niggers' and 'jews' the same way people say 'that's gay'.

He's not racist but doesn't seem to have any issue with using those terms. I always say I'm going to laugh when 100 black men smash him to pieces...

p.s. my feelings :(

Rob.

I guess, but people might still find the term offensive because of its origin. They might not get their pitch forks and murder you though.

I guess, but people might still find the term offensive because of its origin. They might not get their pitch forks and murder you though.

People that say they "aren't racists so it's ok" make me want to hurt them.

Unless you're of an ethnic type, you do not get to use the hate terms for a race without being a bigot. And even then you probably shouldn't because it encourages the use by those not of your ethnic type.

Racism makes me a sad sad panda.

Racism is not calling a white person a honky.

Racism is not calling a black person a nigger.

Racism is not calling an asian person a chink.

Racism is being prejudice against them because they are white or black or of different colour to yourself. Those terms have been used by racists, and therefore some people are a little [perhaps too?] sensitive about them.

Racism is being prejudice against them because they are white or black or of different colour to yourself. Those terms have been used by racists, and therefore some people are a little [perhaps too?] sensitive about them.

AMEN Brother

That's possibly the saddest thing I've read in weeks.

Damn.

Damn.

You could argue your point?

Otherwise...

K.O.!

MUDKIP WINS~!

Damn.

Words are just letters.

Sticks and stones and all that jazz.

While I understand the fact that the words have a negative connotation, it's not because of the arrangement of letters. It's because people who were racist used them as slurs. You could very well go back in time and start calling black people vacuums and then call vacuums niggers and then come back and we'd all be niggering our floors.

It's not the word that's racist, it's the people who were using it.

So yes, I admit that there are negative connotations associated with various words, which is why I will never use those words outside of my group of friends who know me to not be racist.

But no, the words themselves are not racist.

I'll just shake my head and stay out of this thread.

If people honestly think it's ok to say the word nigger... just wow.

Perhaps it's because I'm American and grew up in the deep south. I understand what the word means. I understand the power it still holds to this day. I've lived in Australia for 10 years now, and folks that use it in this day and age and think it's ok should be ashamed of themselves.

Oh well.