Sign in to follow this  
Nich...

Sometimes, even I'm not game to put some things in thread titles

Well, I don't know about being right or wrong to use it, but the word itself is not racist, nor does just saying the word make you a racist.

It might make you appear racist, but racism isn't just saying the word "honkie" to a white guy.

edit: See above. It's hilarious. Not racist.

I'll just shake my head and stay out of this thread.

If people honestly think it's ok to say the word nigger... just wow.

Perhaps it's because I'm American and grew up in the deep south. I understand what the word means. I understand the power it still holds to this day. I've lived in Australia for 10 years now, and folks that use it in this day and age and think it's ok should be ashamed of themselves.

Oh well.

You should see my MSN, it's all "sup nigga" this and "yo niggs wassup'n'da hoood bruz"

Hmm how about this... one of my old cars was a beat up commodore... ran like a dream but was ugly.. I called it my boonger. Would that be classified as racist? It certainly wasn't meant that way.

So, from memory, chinks is a no no.

How about niggers?

Do people realise honkie (more specifically, honkey, I guess) is basically the answer to nigger when referring to white people?

You mean there are people who don't realise this?

I guess it depends on how you personally look at it... if someone was to call me a honkie, white fella etc and it was said in humour/jest I wouldn't take any offence, but then that's me... and I do take great pains not to be accused of any racism.

That being said though... it can also be difficult to make a description of someone of another race or ethnicity without sounding racist sometimes...

Yeah, I guess you can't be offended without the hundreds of years of suffering towards your people.

I'm sure you and all your friends choose your words very carefully around the coloured folk.

'

Racism makes me a sad sad panda.

Racism is not calling a white person a honky.

Racism is not calling a black person a nigger.

Racism is not calling an asian person a chink.

Racism is being prejudice against them because they are white or black or of different colour to yourself. Those terms have been used by racists, and therefore some people are a little [perhaps too?] sensitive about them.

Sounds about right. As with everything, I find it's not so much a case of the word itself as the context it's intended to be used in.

For example, I call Midnighter senile, a midget, a virtual cripple and a coke addict on a daily basis, but we're amigos to the end :P

For example, I call Midnighter senile, a midget, a virtual cripple and a coke addict on a daily basis, but we're amigos to the end :P

He has to be your friend. Do you know how hard it is for a senile, midget, coke addict who is a cripple to make friends? You're all he's got man.

'

He has to be your friend. Do you know how hard it is for a senile, midget, coke addict who is a cripple to make friends? You're all he's got man.

'

Who needs other friends when your best friend is Charlie.

Racism makes me a sad sad panda.

Racism is not calling a white person a honky.

Racism is not calling a black person a nigger.

Racism is not calling an asian person a chink.

Racism is being prejudice against them because they are white or black or of different colour to yourself. Those terms have been used by racists, and therefore some people are a little [perhaps too?] sensitive about them.

It's generalising about people on the basis of race, actually, which is where the prejudice and bias comes into it.

So, from memory, chinks is a no no.

How about niggers?

Do people realise honkie (more specifically, honkey, I guess) is basically the answer to nigger when referring to white people?

You mean there are people who don't realise this?
Apparently.

I'm assuming I'd get a warning if I put nigger/a or chink in a thread title. But I'm assuming that Kimmo didn't get a warning for using honkies. Hence a thread that was, ideally, meant to work this stuff out.

But I guess it's easier to call people silly for finding nigger offensive after growing up in the southern US, but then admitting they're too sensitive to use that kind of thing outside of a close group of friends.

But I guess it's easier to call people silly for finding nigger offensive after growing up in the southern US, but then admitting they're too sensitive to use that kind of thing outside of a close group of friends.

I don't find it offensive, but can understand why others do.

It's like, I'm happy to swear amongst my friends, but don't swear in public much at all (some posts on this forum are the exception).

So I'm happy to not take offense at those words, but personally would not use them in public because a lot of people are sensitive about it and I'd rather not have to waste my time explaining that a word by itself is not racism =P

Hey Chuck!

You're a clown!

That's right, I'm calling you a clown!

Yeah, well I hope you get the flu!

I hope your local bottlo runs dry. :P

Hey Chuck!

You're a clown!

I hope your local bottlo runs dry.

You evil little man.

Hey Chuck!

You're a clown!

I already have :/

I was in Katherine recently and was talking to one of our darker skinned brethren and he was called the bloke walking beside him a black cunt, to my face. I nearly burst out laughing on the spot.

"I was gunna wait at de lights like you, blok, but dis black cunt jus' kep' on walkin'!"