Sign in to follow this  
alkahest

Writing new Raspbian image file

Hi all

Having difficulties writing any images on to a SD cards with my Windows 10 Laptop. Using win32diskimager, I have no errors yet when the write is complete - it actually writes nothing to the card itself. The purpose is making new OS image for my Raspberry Pi. I've done this plenty times before, yet now nothing works. Have used diffierent SD cards, different Raspberry Pi boards.. to no avail. Any help would be appreciated

Initial thought I had was permission problem with doing raw writes but you'd expect errors.

Are you running the program with elevated privelage, ie Administrator? Might make a difference. Otherwise I guess try the exact same thing with an older OS equipped machine and see if it works.

Initial thought I had was permission problem with doing raw writes but you'd expect errors.

Are you running the program with elevated privelage, ie Administrator? Might make a difference. Otherwise I guess try the exact same thing with an older OS equipped machine and see if it works.

I did run as administrator too, and still all the same. In fact when I go to the SD card, there's absolutely no files on it whatsoever haha.. I'm going to try and use Ubuntu on an old PC and see if that works.

Have done a google search too, there seems to be a myriad of issues going on with that program. It is strange as I've had no issues with it before (with both Win 7 and 10).

Ok, So I reinstalled win32diskimager and now it works fine. Quite odd, but I'll take it. My next option was to re-download and unzip the files once more, as I saw somewhere on google someone mentioned.

Just exploring different uses I can make with the Raspberry Pi, including surveillance system (motioneye OS) - extraordinary little devices!