twinair

Where are they now and what are they doing?

This is interesting reading.

10 years ago I left for Norway with $1000 at age 20.

Today I'm married, own a house and have 2 fantastic children. I got through university studying in Norwegian and was offered a great well paid position before I graduated. I'm currently employed as a systems engineer. I can read, write and speak fluent Norwegian.

Like everyone I have my ups and downs. Life is good most of the time and sometimes it sucks, but that's just the way it is :)

I live and work in Norway but am still an Australian citizen.

Norway has it's own language now?

Glad your are doing well. :)

They have always had their own language as far as i know....

Today I'm married, own a house and have 2 fantastic children. I got through university studying in Norwegian and was offered a great well paid position before I graduated. I'm currently employed as a systems engineer. I can read, write and speak fluent Norwegian.

Like everyone I have my ups and downs. Life is good most of the time and sometimes it sucks, but that's just the way it is :)

I'm glad you're doing well and all, but you left our the achievement of having one of the best 2500K sandy chips in the world, sheesh!

Was a 2600K :D.

I'm glad you're doing well and all, but you left our the achievement of having one of the best 2500K sandy chips in the world, sheesh!

Damnit! close! Whatever happened to it?

Lurking lurk

*waves* :)

Hey mate, hope youre doing well!

Lurking lurk

Apart from acknowledging and trying to deal with lifelong strong social anxiety and a strong lack of motivation I'm in a fairly middling mood most of the time. Went to the optometrist for the first time in twenty-odd years, have astigmatism and short sightedness, got some distance glasses and had the odd feeling for a while of walking like my feet were several inches below the ground, most odd.

Sold it to a girl at uni. She happened to get a job where i work, so it wouldn't be hard to get it back :)

Edited by smakme7757

Lurking lurk

Apart from acknowledging and trying to deal with lifelong strong social anxiety and a strong lack of motivation I'm in a fairly middling mood most of the time. Went to the optometrist for the first time in twenty-odd years, have astigmatism and short sightedness, got some distance glasses and had the odd feeling for a while of walking like my feet were several inches below the ground, most odd.

It sounds like it's got it's claws in you mate, but you sound like you're well aware how those things affect you, which is a good start in itself to dealing with it.

bet that's a weird feeling, I can't say I know what it's like, however I booked in my first optometrist the other day, just for a check in, I figure it can't hurt to see if I'm losing some quality in my vision, my sister had glasses at 24, I'm 28 now without them.

Sold it to a girl at uni. She happened to get a job where i work, so it wouldn't be hard to get it back :)

Oh right, you did tell me that a few years back in the superpi thread or something. Well mate, I'll hit you up if I'm ever nostalgic and I'll pay you to get it for me ahah :P

That chip is like a rare White Rhino being watched over in the wild

It sounds like it's got it's claws in you mate, but you sound like you're well aware how those things affect you, which is a good start in itself to dealing with it.

bet that's a weird feeling, I can't say I know what it's like, however I booked in my first optometrist the other day, just for a check in, I figure it can't hurt to see if I'm losing some quality in my vision, my sister had glasses at 24, I'm 28 now without them.

At the end of the initial check-up the guy said something along the lines of "there goes your licence", I can't say that they were much better five or even ten years ago (not that change is at all obvious with long slow processes) so I have basically been driving with eyes not up to scratch for absolutely ages. Shame contacts are so fiddly, I'd almost prefer them in hindsight, rather than having frames sitting in my field of vision.

As for dealing with things re the other stuff, I basically need to move out of home so I can try to establish new, better habits and banish some old ones but I can't afford to and being a single white male in comfortable current accommodation it will be at least a couple of years before Housing Connect even consider me. Which makes me rather frustrated.

Lurking lurk

Wait a few months and be amazed at how your mood picks up once the world exists clearly again; not a fuzzy representation of what the world should be.

Its magical :)

I get to have that once a year or so trying contacts. Always leaves me in tears.

The world is a beautiful place, just a shame I only get to open the frosted glass window once a year :)