Master_Scythe

Chinese PC's

I think we all have. And with something like this, chances are it's a mash of components from all over the place from Philippines to Ireland to Taiwan (aka Republic of China)

Ultimately though with something like an integrated system on a board what matters is the quality of the soldering and board fabrication, design and components in power supply/regulation and the capacitors - looks like this has a healthy helping of solid caps which should be a good thing.

wait, that thing has 14 SATA ports??? is this thing designed for making a homebrew NAS?

wait, that thing has 14 SATA ports??? is this thing designed for making a homebrew NAS?

13 SATA + m.sata

And yes, I'd imagine so.

I found it when looking for a replacement for the old Asrock 8 core 12sata ITX board.

I don't need oct core for 3 users, so quad core J1900 is fine.

I've ordered boards like this from china before with great success, so I'm really considering it.

$150us aint bad.

I think we all have. And with something like this, chances are it's a mash of components from all over the place from Philippines to Ireland to Taiwan (aka Republic of China)

Ultimately though with something like an integrated system on a board what matters is the quality of the soldering and board fabrication, design and components in power supply/regulation and the capacitors - looks like this has a healthy helping of solid caps which should be a good thing.

That shouldn't be a problem though. So long as its not the specific marvel chip that tends to get 'flakey' when heavily loaded, it looks like a real winner for my DIY NAS

Edited by Master_Scythe

+1 for the e350

i got this one for $25 in january off ocau, and it is doing fine service as the bedroom htpc driving a dell 2405 and a set of klipsch 2.1speakers; better sound from onboard than the xonar d2 was managing, for no reason i can fathom

ali express have been okay by me too, although delivery times are a bit variable...

Well the shop I linked is doing me proud....

Dont seem too bad to deal with :) and not postage pirating (much) either. $18 usd for chinese eCourier (5 days)

"First thank you very much for your mail. and enquiry.

M42S-7:HCM19NVR3, have 13SATA, total from Intel orgional have pcs SATA.

From extra chip it is MARVELL 88SE9215."

Edited by Master_Scythe

Beware the J1900, if you're using it as a straight NAS it will probably be fine, but if you want to virtualise they are a pain. mine has been totally awful, won't run ESX at all, and I don't recall having any luck with hyperV either.

On the upside it is very frugal, ~30 watts at the wall when working with two hard drives and one optical. went down to half that when idling.

I don't think they're necessarily intended for "homebrew" NAS, but rather as an OEM part for inclusion in NAS type products.

Cool that you can buy one-of though!

If I ever hit a wall with my Qnap (TS-419P+, $30 at Umart flood sale) it'll definitely be something to look at.